Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, please could anyone recommend a parts company that I could purchase a stator from or is it best to go direct to Kawasaki to purchase OEM in the UK?

Also, please could you recommend which gasket silicone and lock thread would be suitable to use on the rubber grommet on the stator casing and bolts that would be available in the UK too?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
714 Posts
If you have a good rewind shop nearby that might be a good alternative. Otherwise I would suggest OEM. Others will be better to answer the thread locker question but as I recall it was the high strength. I use mostly medium strength Honda thread locker which is red where others medium strength is blue. A bit of heat and careful on the bolts when removing the stator. Use good tools and technique to avoid problems. I did it a number of years ago on my Yamaha FZ6 and it wasn't too bad. As I recall I used the OEM gasket. Have no clue which silicone to recommend - avoid Chinese made stuff if you want it to work although they do a good job of putting the iPhones together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice PhotoAl. Not sure the rewind option is going to work for me, as it has cooked part of the current stator, see pic, which I've tossed into the bin. So only options are OEM or aftermarket part, just wondering if there is any recommendations on a decent aftermarket in the UK that's going to be reliable for decent price. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know or share a link to website. Thanks.
Light Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Gas

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Hi, please could anyone recommend a parts company that I could purchase a stator from or is it best to go direct to Kawasaki to purchase OEM in the UK?

Also, please could you recommend which gasket silicone and lock thread would be suitable to use on the rubber grommet on the stator casing and bolts that would be available in the UK too?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ricks is a trusted aftermarket source for stators and rectifier/regulators here in the USA. I’ve had one on my track bike since 2016 still working as it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
714 Posts
If you want to meet new folks and make friends in out of the way places buy a Chinese one :) Seriously Ricks sounds like a good source, if my memory is correct have looked at them in the past.

Actually your stator looks rebuildable to me. Wire insulation is burned but as long as the laminations are not melted or distorted it can be re-wound. The laminations are thin sheets of special steel that guide the flux. Your stator looks similar to the one on my FZ6 from almost 9 years ago - I can remember that because it caused me to have heart surgery - not totally true but went to the doc 4 days after pushing my FZ6 2 miles home including a steep hill and flunked the EKG which lead to heart surgery. LOL I got permission to buy a new bike - bought a 2012 CBR600RR. After the CBR came the ZX6R :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've used both these suppliers on multiple occassions with no issues.
You dont say which 6R so I guessed at 2005 for referance.
MotoElectrical.

These Guys it's best to ring as it saves searching, Also unlike the Supplier above Electrex world mostly supply without the plug pre terminated, You get the plug and connections as a kit for you to assemble, This comes in handy when there is little or no room to feed a pre terminated plug like the ZX12R.
Electrex World

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the advise and help, I have taken the plunge and gone for OEM, hopefully this will last more than 16k.
Will any of the blue loctite products be suitable to secure all the bolts to the stator and case or loctite red for the ones securing the stator inside the stator case? Thanks.

·
Registered
714 Posts
By blue I presume you mean medium strength and red is high strength. When I did mine almost 9 years ago everyone said high strength and the bolts took more than the usual effort to loosen so I went back with high strength.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts