Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I have an HBC200 Force and it works great except for the intercom feature. I can hear music pretty well to a point, but I'll try to talk to my dad who has the same intercom and he can hear me just fine but I can't hear him over 20mph. He has an HJC CLmax II and I have a Bell Vortex. Could the wind noise in his helmet drown out the sound of his voice? I have a chin flap or whatever that piece of fabric is that covers the bottom of your chin, but I've still got pretty bad wind noise. However, the wind noise in his is mostly up front, where his mouth is. Could the helmets be the problem? Or part of them?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Do those have an adjustable mic? I have a Sena SMH-10 and I know if the mic gets bumped into the wrong spot the wind noise coming through is unbearable. Could be the airflow through the helmets though if you're just not hearing him. When the wind catches the Sena it's still clearly coming through the speakers it's just wind noise instead of voices

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are actually boomless. They're supposed to have the speakers aligned a certain way to eliminate wind and background noise, which it actually does quite well. It's just the volume of his voice. My mom has the same system with a 3/4 lid with a face shield and I hear them about the same

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Mic is in the speaker sorta

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
weird, maybe if they have a way of dampening the wind noise, it's loud enough it basically cancels everything all together? does it go silent over 20 or loud wind noise?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, it always stays at the same volume. I just can't hear him or her over about 20 because of the wind noise in my helmet and my bike. Now, I can still hear music. It's just that the intercom feature is super quiet. There's no wind noise coming through the speakers, but I can't hear. Maybe you're right in saying there's so much wind noise that it can't tell the difference between wind and voices.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Idk what the problem is :/

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i have the HBC200 in my HJC trophy Lid and in my suami lid, they intercom great and no issues at all even at 80mph... i use it at the track to to comm with the pit crew... they hear me and i hear them just fine...plus the music is nice to set a rhythm when racing.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weird... Could it be my system or helmet?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts