Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all
New to the biking world, passed my test in October and bought myself a 2010 zx6r.

Does anyone have some advice for what tyres I should be looking at for the lovely British roads. Mainly use the bike for quick blasts and for a few road trips planned in summer.

No doubt this has been covered before so apologies ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I, personally, like the Bridgestone BT-016 Pros. They have never let me down in dry or wet weather. i just bought another set for pretty cheap. Maybe I'll try something else out next time.

·
Registered
442 Posts
There are plenty of threads about this topic, but I've found this video to cover alot of the major players. I personally run Q3s and have no issues at all. Hope the video helps ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_5HHBP9yuw

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I don't think they get Q3's over there for some reason...OP I'd say wait and I'm sure some fellow Brit's will chime in

·
Registered
726 Posts
I don't think they get Q3's over there for some reason...OP I'd say wait and I'm sure some fellow Brit's will chime in
This is true and it sucks balls...I will try them some day even if I have to pay for delivery from US and import charges etc. Michelin PP2cts are very good and fairly cheap now, nice agressive profile making for fast steering. Fast warm up in cooler weather too which is a must in the UK in my opinion. Iv ran bt015 and bt016 (Bridgestone battlax) and fucking despised them...they may/may not grip but I had no confidence in them due to, in my opinion, poor feedback. Having said this the newer s20 battlax is meant to be a good tyre. Others I want to try are: continental sport attack II, metzeler sportec m7rr, Pirelli Diablo Rosso corsa

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
lockey99,what issues were you having ?as i run bt016 im really happy with milage on the rear and grip aswell ,but the front i feel sometimes its washing out ,never had much confidence in the front with these have you had similar problems ?

·
Registered
726 Posts
lockey99,what issues were you having ?as i run bt016 im really happy with milage on the rear and grip aswell ,but the front i feel sometimes its washing out ,never had much confidence in the front with these have you had similar problems ?
I just found them wooden...no feel or feedback (in my opinion of course)...I would bet you money that if you tried the pilot power 2ct you would prefer it in every way, it's a huge step up in every area from the bt016...much faster transitioning profile, great feedback which really instills confidence and superb in cooler weather including rain due to fast warm up. I've ran bt015 and bt016...I just hated them. I want to try something more current next as tyre tech has no doubt further evolved from the bt016/2ct which are old models now nearly 8-10 years old

1 - 10 of 10 Posts