Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!

I have just bought my zx6r and it has metzler k2's fitted. I like them but have noticed if your on a straight for a while and enter a corner the rear seems to slide a little. I have also heard they are not good in the cold/damp/wet!

Looking at buying a set of pilot 2ct's as I have heard good things about them but I was wondering what everyone's opinion is?

I don't go on the track and generally only use my bike on nice hot days. Mainly B roads and I like to press on at times!! I want a tyre that will still work in the wet as I have been caught out a few times.

Used to have battle axe bt014's on my j1. I like them but found after a summer on them they went a bit hard and I lost the feel on the corners.

Any advice appreciated. :)

Paul

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Q 3 Dunlops are the cheapest, best tire on the road today in my opinion. Supposed to be great in the wet too. I dont ride in the wet but I have read some reviews that make that claim. I have burned through 4 sets in the canyons and on the track. These tires are awesome. Hard to beat. Buy some and thank me later. I dont work for Dunlop. I buy my tires.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I don't intend to ride in the wet but I have been caught out far from home a few time. The k2's have zero tread on the outside and I know they will not handle well. Never heard much about the dunlops but everyone seems to be raving about the 2ct's. Difficult decision as all reviews I find mention road and track.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I run q3 and I love them I have 8k on my rear tire. Going to need a new one soon mostly commuting mile but a lot of twistys as well and the do great in the rain

·
Registered
394 Posts
WOOHOO, another tire thread.

Reactions: anderz1986
1 - 7 of 7 Posts