Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read in the 'superbike' mag that a 70 profile front tyre will help conering on a b1h has anyone changed to a 70 profile?but what about a 190 width rear tyre,would it fit and would it benefit the bike or not,i dont need new tyres yet but when i do i want to now my options.also i got metzeler m1's at the mo' what have you guys got and how do you rate them?

·
Registered
604 Posts
on my 2001 ZX-6R, I switched to a 70 profile on the front, from a 65 and I can really see and feel the difference. Just adjusted the from forks a bit but love it. I stuck with the 180 on the back, however....

·
Registered
604 Posts
by about 5mm

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yep, a 70 front is the standard sport bike size tire and the best option there I think. For the rear, a 190/50 is usually a lot flatter than a 180/55 and slows turn-in, making the bike feel heavier. My TL came with the 190/50, I switched to a 180/55 and it felt like the bike lost 50lbs. Now if your doing all track work there are some very good 190/55's that retain the pointy profile, but even then, I doubt it would be very useful on anything but a liter bike.

good luck

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
I know its an old post but how do you do this please?
loosen the triple clamp bolts and slide the forks up 5mm, tighten triple clamp bolts

use a helper and a lift, if you simply try and loosen the bolts and slide , the bike will drop right down to the fender and fall over most likely

you need to be able to control the weight and the rate of "slide" the forks do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
loosen the triple clamp bolts and slide the forks up 5mm, tighten triple clamp bolts

use a helper and a lift, if you simply try and loosen the bolts and slide , the bike will drop right down to the fender and fall over most likely

you need to be able to control the weight and the rate of "slide" the forks do.
Great thanks .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts