Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys...

Used to run a bit of a specced up car and we all knew what tyres worked etc which usually limited to a couple of varieties.

I know with bikes it is all down to the individual but there must be some unanimous verdict. The garage I bought by 01 zx6r from put maxxis front and rear tyres on - been pretty good and the rear has lasted around 4000 miles but i need new uns.

Heard great reports on the michelin pilot powers, a friend with a triumph 675 highly recommmends the pirelli corsas. It's a large outlay but it's not something i would compromise on. I want excellent handling for fast road and potential track, understand the compromise for tyre wear and like to ride occasionally in the rain.

Have you got any suggestions?

·
Registered
215 Posts
pilots seem to be good all round ive been doing track and road on them last rear last 2500km but maybe thats the way i ride

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
i run powers to and i live in the hills and ride to work 6 days a week and they work great for rain and sun...most of my mates run powers as well

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. For the point of discussion - what have you compared your current choices to? Have you tried different brands and models?

Lee - what type of Pirelli tyre, and have you tried the michelin pilot power at all?

Has anybody tried the multi-compund tyres and got any feedback on them at all?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Matt - I currently use Pirelli Super Corsa's - serious trackday tyres really, but suprisingly good for commuting too! Bit of care needed on wet days but still not too bad.
Best ALL ROUND Sports tyre i've EVER used were Pirelli Diablo's, not the Corsa's. Great on road grip, used them on track days too (intermediate +fast groups), fast warm up, good in the wet and decent mileage too (around 5000 miles for the rear !)
Never used Pirelli Diablo Corsa's myself but a few good mates have and rave about them too. They seem to wear a bit faster but that's the price you pay for more outright grip.
Bridgestones seem to be the tyres of choice for wet riding but i didn't get the feel i like from them i get with Pirelli.
Never used Pilot Powers either, never got on with Michelin really, just like Rossi!
As you say earlier, tyres a really personal choice, just because i rate Pirelli doesn't mean you'd like them at all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts