Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys well me and my friend are taking a little motorcycle vacation, going inland about 3:30 hours and we want to load up our bikes in the back of a 2003 Ford F-150. Only issue is we only have the 4 stock tie downs, do you guys have any experience doing this or have any advice on how to do this?? its my 2007 ZX6R and my friends 2010 Ducati 1098 Street Fighter

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
You'd tie each bike down individually as if it was in the middle if that makes sense. And add a tie down between the handlebars of the bikes for stability. That's how I've done it before.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I kinda understand but where would I tie them down to? The only way I can think of is if I tie down one of them to the top two and the next one have the front of the motorcycle point towards the tailgate and use those points to tie that one down

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I'm sure there's some YouTube videos out there that might be worth checking out.

My buddy and I would load both bikes in front facing and just strap them down individually. 2 straps per bike for the front end. Tie down the outside facing clip on to a hook on the respective side, and then for the inside facing clip-on, run it across the front end of the other bike to the hook on the other side of the truck. Then take at least one strap and tie down one of the passenger pegs to whatever hook in the back can hold the rear end down. It obviously helps if you can close the tailgate and it makes the tires fit snug.

You may also want to consider buying "canyon dancers." They're like $25 and such a good investment. Make strapping a bike down so much easier and stable.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RedAndBlack: Yea I've looked on YouTube a bunch! All I've been able to find is videos about loading one motorcycle but not any good ones about loading two in one bed! And okay I'll look into them if they will help to load our bikes in!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts