Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am about to pull the trigger on a grey 19 ZX6R ABS (yes, I already know the issues but 98% of my driving is on the street....) that I am going to immediately paint red. The dealer worked hard to make the deal and the paint was much less than wrapping it. I think he wants to see what it will look like. We settled the last detail yesterday (Saturday) but it was too late to wrap it up and they are closed Sunday and Monday so we'll sign it all on Tuesday.

I'm glad I found this model specific forum; I hope it's as good as other forums I have been in over the years and that I can contribute in the future.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome, red will look nice I think. Green would be faster though :) I can't say too much since my current bike is matte grey and black.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Issue: I have had a lot of salespeople tell me that "you don't need ABS if you know how to ride" "it's a track bike at heart and they don't have ABS" "you don't want ABS it kicks in too soon" etc. I had one dealer try to talk me out of it so that he could sell me 2 or 3 bikes he had in stock. I should mention, I didn't buy from him.

The ZX6R It may be a street bike that sees the track, but it will not live on the track. It will live taking me back and forth to work, and on the weekends for fun, and for that, I'll take ABS for those fractions of a second when a car pulls in front of you and you grab a handful of two very large rotors. IMHO I prefer to have the tool if I need it and YHO may vary, and I'm perfectly ok with that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer and I agreed to one new set of items today. I got a bit more off and added rear spools and they are going to supply and change the blue tape on the wheels to red so it matches the paint which will be the same as the 2016 Ninja 650 so just a faint metallic look to it.

Paperwork and dollars tomorrow.

I won't have it for several days while they paint it and then I'll definitely post pics of the now inherently faster red ZX6R. (Yes, I've been on forums before...)

In the meantime I will keep riding the Raider and Ninja 650, and re-arrange the garage to hold 3 bikes instead of 2 so I'll have a bike for just about every mood.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Dealer and I agreed to one new set of items today. I got a bit more off and added rear spools and they are going to supply and change the blue tape on the wheels to red so it matches the paint which will be the same as the 2016 Ninja 650 so just a faint metallic look to it.

Paperwork and dollars tomorrow.

I won't have it for several days while they paint it and then I'll definitely post pics of the now inherently faster red ZX6R. (Yes, I've been on forums before...)

In the meantime I will keep riding the Raider and Ninja 650, and re-arrange the garage to hold 3 bikes instead of 2 so I'll have a bike for just about every mood.
So in the mean time, show us some photos of the other two bikes! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats, you are about to have one seriously badass bike to rip the streets on! Make sure you find a track and do a track day or two to get more comfortable on it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Current Bikes (and Car)

Let me try this, each forum has different photo processes and limits.

This might explain why I am having the grey and black ZX6R painted red and black before delivery. It'll fit in better.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
..... This is why I don't get worked up about the color of a bike; I own a bike to ride it. I can't see very much of it when I am doing that. Just like trying to match my gear to the color of the bike.... that only matters the very first time you own a matched set. Nothing has the same life cycle, so it invariably becomes mismatched over time. Fugeddaboutit. Ride.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
RED=Cop Magnet. Good luck with that. I know by personal experience that all of my bikes consistently travel well over the speed limit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts