Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my fender eliminator kit that two brothers sent with my exhaust and when i turn on the turn signals without the bike running something buzzes and the turn signals either blink very slowly or dont blink at all. wondering if anybody has any thoughts or ideas

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
You need to replace the turn signal relay. I'm guessing the kit came with new turn signals? Go to an auto parts store and pick up a new turn signal relay and pop it in... should fix the problem. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the wiring diagram that two brothers sent with the kit didnt match the color of the wires that are on the bike. so i figured it out. and the blinkers work when the bike is running but it seems like they are blinkin fast. which in my opinion is a sign that somethin aint right

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
well the wiring diagram that two brothers sent with the kit didnt match the color of the wires that are on the bike. so i figured it out. and the blinkers work when the bike is running but it seems like they are blinkin fast. which in my opinion is a sign that somethin aint right
The issue is the relay. CHange it out and it'll be good to go.

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Yup... I changed mine out with a $10 relay with the same plug pattern as the one on the bike. Zip tied it in place and it's good as gold. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
make sure its an LED relay. not just a regular relay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts