Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are you talking about this the Power Tip Sound Reduction Tip?

Or this baffle?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about this the Power Tip Sound Reduction Tip?

Or this baffle?
honestly couldnt tell you haha.

Do you get both with the pipe or are they optional add-ons?

Most exhaust come with a small insert to make it "street legal" otherwise its "too loud" and can fail a decibel test.

·
Registered
35 Posts
honestly couldnt tell you haha.

Do you get both with the pipe or are they optional add-ons?

Most exhaust come with a small insert to make it "street legal" otherwise its "too loud" and can fail a decibel test.
They are add ons they have the px and the p1x the p1x is supossed to reduce the most noise

·
Registered
985 Posts
Any owners of this version out there, can you confirm that this model comes with a baffle insert?

example: 07-08 Kawasaki ZX6R Two Brothers Black Series M5 Carbon Fiber Slip On Exhaust | eBay

It does not come with the P1 or P1x unless you order it. It even says so on the Ebay page, you have to pay extra for it.

PS, I also did a review on the P1x on whether it works or not as a baffle/silencer.

http://zx6r.com/motorcycle-talk/63099-two-brothers-p1x-silencer-review-long-story-review.html

Reactions: zx6ixxer

·
Registered
618 Posts
There are a few whisper quiet aftermarket exhausts made specifically to be legal, but in general nearly all of them are illegal even with an insert. We basically ride on the good will and laziness of cops. Not enough money in an exhaust fixit ticket and too many lawyer buddies and judges have loud Harleys.

·
Registered
985 Posts
There are a few whisper quiet aftermarket exhausts made specifically to be legal, but in general nearly all of them are illegal even with an insert. We basically ride on the good will and laziness of cops. Not enough money in an exhaust fixit ticket and too many lawyer buddies and judges have loud Harleys.
In the UK, things may be different but in the US, I believe almost all of these after market exhausts are illegal on the road in most states. 1, the decibel levels make them illegal already as they have to be roughly 80dBs at idle and something like 87dBs at 5k RPMs or something along those lines. It comes down to most officers not knowing any better and yes, Harleys tend to be super loud already so we get away with it as well. Most states also have clear laws stating anything louder than stock is illegal. CA is super strict, if we go by the book, compared to most states.

From Two Brothers:
Two Brothers Racing Products Are For Closed Course Competition Use Only. Not Intended for Street Use.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yoshi makes some specifically marketed as such. They arent going to win any dyno competitions though lol. Basically just a bit lighter and better looking than stock with maybe a 1 or 2 hp gain.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yoshi makes some specifically marketed as such. They arent going to win any dyno competitions though lol. Basically just a bit lighter and better looking than stock with maybe a 1 or 2 hp gain.
Yes, the Yoshi R77 but with that, might as well keep it stock imo.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thansk for all the info guys, Are these exhausts specifically marked "not for road use" or "race use only" ?

It does not come with the P1 or P1x unless you order it. It even says so on the Ebay page, you have to pay extra for it.

PS, I also did a review on the P1x on whether it works or not as a baffle/silencer.

Two Brothers P1x Silencer Review *Long Story/Review*
thanks jsut had a quick read, so did putting in the P1X actually make a big difference noticeable to you, like is it still overly noisey or like any other aftermarket can?

·
Registered
985 Posts
thansk for all the info guys, Are these exhausts specifically marked "not for road use" or "race use only" ?

thanks jsut had a quick read, so did putting in the P1X actually make a big difference noticeable to you, like is it still overly noisey or like any other aftermarket can?
First question. In the US, they are supposed to be for track/race usage only but seriously, it's rarely enforced especially if you keep it fairly low and don't rev like an idiot.

Secondly, here's my review. Cliffs on the bottom. Worth the money

http://zx6r.com/motorcycle-talk/63099-two-brothers-p1x-silencer-review-long-story-review.html

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First question. In the US, they are supposed to be for track/race usage only but seriously, it's rarely enforced especially if you keep it fairly low and don't rev like an idiot.

Secondly, here's my review. Cliffs on the bottom. Worth the money

I've had a look into the review and the DB after adding the P1X is better, I'd need that for the UK.

But is the actual exhaust can stamped/marked not for road use / race use only?

also do you have a video with the DB killer in? :) Thanks!

·
Registered
985 Posts
I've had a look into the review and the DB after adding the P1X is better, I'd need that for the UK.

But is the actual exhaust can stamped/marked not for road use / race use only?

also do you have a video with the DB killer in? :) Thanks!
No, the exhaust canister is not marked for race/track use only. There are a ton of UK riders who use aftermarket exhausts. You will be fine.

I will update that thread when I get home with pictures

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Question on the Servo cables from the original exhaust - whoever has a modified exhaust which you have fitted yourself etc, can you please answer this:

I've searched threads, and yes I understand I can get a servo eliminator etc but without using one (for now) I'm guessing by using the "block off" plate, that apparently comes with the new exhaust - does this just stop it from moving and keep the FI light OFF ?

Also, will the bike run differently or cause any damage if the FI light is on, and I ride the bike?

- Just checking on all of this now, as the package is stuck in customs at the moment so I have time to prepare anything I need to, prior to fitting! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts