Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

TURN SIGNAL LENSE Recommendations

3K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  SbaSna13 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I have a 2020 ZX6R that I am looking to put DARK SMOKE LENSES on for front turn signals.
As you know the STOCK ones are the clear lenses.

I thought this would be easier, but my google searches aren't turning up any brands or vendors I am familiar with..

Thanks in advance!
Ride safe!

#2 ·
I am doing the same thing but on a 2013...I am going with vvivvid vinyl tinting instead of buying chinese tinted lights you can find local shops that use their windshield tint on their website or you can buy the wrap and do it yourself if your familiar with wrapping vinyl. Its probably a little more expensive then the chinese knock offs but I like the idea of being able to peel it off if 1. I don't like it and 2. I know I have quality OEM lights. My suggest if you do go this route is remove the lights from the fairings I have a buddy who had it done with lights installed in the fairings and the person went to deep with the razor blade and now he has deep scratches along the edges of his lights.

#12 ·
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want people to see my signals and brake/tail lights etc..........

making them visible is absolutely idiotic unless all you do is sit in starbucks parking lot with your buddies bragging how clean the bike is and never actually go ride it!!!!!!!!

Must be the generational gap between smart adults and dumb adults?

#23 ·
I have a 2020 ZX-6R and have replaced the front signal lenses with this kit NoCut Front Turn Signal For Kawasaki Ninja Euro Light EX 300 650 Flasher Smoke | eBay It installs like stock.

I wanted a brighter light to show through the smoke lens, so I ordered this LED bulb Amazon.com: Inertia LED - RY10W, BAU15S, 7507, 12093NA Motorcycle Can-bus Amber 10W LED Turn Signal Replacement Bulb | 120 Degree Base Pin | 100% Plug and Play/Error Free: Automotive It's brighter than the stock bulb and doesn't require resisters to prevent hyperflash, like some LEDs do for turn signals. Pretty pricy though. Even with the smoked lenses, this LED shines a little brighter than the stock bulb with stock clear lens.

#25 ·
I admire the TST LED arrangement, because that's the first one I have seen that actually looks like it might produce enough light to work decently. As this is not an option for my '09, I'll stick with what Kawasaki put in place.

The design of the lens so it looks a whole lot like an insect's eye, is going to produce a much more (sorry, big word) isotropic pattern than what pretty much every LED bulb produces. A typical LED already has a lens built into the emitter which directs the light in a cone. This lens pattern will 'smear' that so it's more like an incandescent bulb's glowing wire element. The bulb radiates in every direction, which is why the reflector is needed to bounce some of the 'wasted' light out in the same direction as the direct illumination. The sum of the two sets of paths is what gives the pattern we can observe.

Even with my OEM turn signals, high vis jacket, high vis helmet, I still use hand signals when I am in dense traffic rather than rely on my blinkers to tell other drivers what I am doing. All based on traffic density..... I will admit when I am on open highway with little to no traffic me turning my head to check my blind spots may be all the indication I give. On those rare occasions where I am riding with others, I use hand signals in addition to the blinkers to ensure communication.

#31 ·
peeps... I'll get some better pics, but did this late last night.. Can't lie, those fairings from under the headlight were a pain in the ass boy.. I didn't want to take all the side ones off, but it would have been easier on the install.. Anyway... These things are bright AF. Super happy with the outcome.
Thanks for all the suggestions! @Visk636 @Scorpi0 @RJ2112 @Rvaughn2 @21ZX6R

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle
Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motorcycle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.