Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was considering getting a turbo for my bike tho i know it is very expensive and i was wounding if anyone knows any places that do it or any sites that have good kits for sale that are made for the 6r thanks plz send like to the site if u know any

·
Registered
764 Posts
07 zx-7r?

"you will shoot your eye out kid"

·
Registered
48 Posts
haha im sure that was an honest mistake... but

to answer your question i dont believe there are any manufactured turbo kits for our bikes. if you wanted to do a forced induction setup youd be going all custom and of course, spending alot of paper.

·
Registered
590 Posts
turbo charging a sport bike like ours is useless in my opinion.

you will be losing almost every reason for having the bike we have.

wont rev as high, add more weight, wont handle like it should. All things that make our bike great. Personally if i wanted a bike that weighed alot and can only go fast in a straight line, i would have bought a busa or a 14r.

this of course is just my opinion.

·
Registered
764 Posts
turbo charging a sport bike like ours is useless in my opinion.

you will be losing almost every reason for having the bike we have.

wont rev as high, add more weight, wont handle like it should. All things that make our bike great. Personally if i wanted a bike that weighed alot and can only go fast in a straight line, i would have bought a busa or a 14r.

this of course is just my opinion.
+1

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yup......You shoulda bought a 10R my friend. From the research I've done our engines wont even be able to handle a properly tuned turbo for long.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
what 0-60 in 3 sec isnt fast enough>?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I was thinking the exact same thing....lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well it is tho in the higher gears on the 07 6r it is a pig and it wont power wheelie in first unless u use ever little last bit of power
what other way would i be albe to get a nice agin in power?

·
Registered
590 Posts
well it is tho in the higher gears on the 07 6r it is a pig and it wont power wheelie in first unless u use ever little last bit of power
what other way would i be albe to get a nice agin in power?
adding a turbo wont make it easier to power wheelie, if you want easier wheelie, lower tire pressure, practice and if all that fails new sprockets.

·
Registered
99 Posts
you actually thought of turbocharging this engine!!! you would have to spend some MAJOR greenbacks, the stock compression ratio on these things are 13.3:1 figure with a turbo even at like 2psi of boost from a turbo you'll be almost to the 15:1 mark which is just ridiculous for a street machine unless you want to replace head gaskets after every trip to the supermarket.... and for those of you who are thinking "well you can just lower the comp ration by dishing out the pistons..." take a look at your engine internals... your pistons have MAYBE an inch and a half of meat on the top... not a hell of alot of room to dish out especially with a super high comp ratio... bottom line, don't do it. just go with the gears and a PCIII and a filter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
There is a girl on GSXR.com that has a turbo that is all self contained and about the size of a tennis ball. It puts out 8psi (from what she says) and gives a nice boost in horsepower. I'll look for the information on it and post up what I find.

I don't know how our engines will hold up to boost but it sure would be fun, and it would only weigh in at maybe 25 extra pounds...not too heavy in my opinion.

·
Registered
764 Posts
you actually thought of turbocharging this engine!!! you would have to spend some MAJOR greenbacks, the stock compression ratio on these things are 13.3:1 figure with a turbo even at like 2psi of boost from a turbo you'll be almost to the 15:1 mark which is just ridiculous for a street machine unless you want to replace head gaskets after every trip to the supermarket.... and for those of you who are thinking "well you can just lower the comp ration by dishing out the pistons..." take a look at your engine internals... your pistons have MAYBE an inch and a half of meat on the top... not a hell of alot of room to dish out especially with a super high comp ratio... bottom line, don't do it. just go with the gears and a PCIII and a filter.
The 07 is 13.9:1 :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts