Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,706 Posts
Thank you for the reply as I just ordered stainless steel braided lines for the front and rear. Non-abs as well so will make this a lot easier. That being said did you drill out holes in the bars to for the notch in the electronic controls? Once the lines come in can eventually hook everything up bleed the system and start making adjustments. Wish I didn’t locktite the bolts so soon. But shouldn’t be too much of an issue loosening to adjust them as I didn’t go full send on tightening them down.
Yes I did drill holes. I’m annoyed because I made them slightly too large, and as a result the controls can wiggle slightly on the bars. It’s not noticeable in use, and you couldn’t tell looking at them….. I know it’s there.

·
Registered
16,706 Posts
I did have to create a bracket to hold the front brake reservoir, as the OEM part had it smacking into the windshield when the bars are turned left. The hose between the mc and the reservoir was long enough to allow the change in position.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Alright so finally got to wrapping up the Woodcraft Adjustable clip ons. First I’ll say is these are very high quality stuff. That being said the amount of adjustability is pretty wild and can be advanced if you haven’t setup adjust clip ons on a bike before (like myself). That being said if your willing to search through forums, invest in some tools and look up some videos it’s definitely worth it in my opinion not just for the adjustability. But also for the experience as you’ll learn a lot about setting up proper ergos, and checking a possible next bike for fitment.

Now that being said you will need to upgrade to two inch longer front brake lines. I went with Core Moto and the quality was great along with good instructions. As for setting up the clip ons. Don’t strong man anything as you will be adjusting not just where you want your bars but the controls as well for clearance issues. Including wiring harness as well.

As for fitment don’t expect naked bike ergos with these like a tuono, or street triple. However it does relax the bike quiet a bit and the 35mm up makes it feel more like a lot of liter bikes I have riden in terms of bar position. But more so like the RS660. So you are still committed but just a little more relaxed to enjoy the bike more.

That being said I highly recommend these for anyone who does not plan on selling there ZX6R but wants to calm down the ergos, while not only keeping track capability. But also have the ability to adjust the ergos, and replace things like the bars in a low side. On that note very glad I went with these, and will give an update once I puta couple hundred miles in and adjust further as needed. And possibly change levers, and other things that cause clearance issues at certain levels of adjustment.
Fuel tank Vehicle White Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Fuel tank Vehicle White Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts