Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. I recently got my faithful old F1 back on the road after a long stint in the shed. carbs were a mess so I stripped and cleaned them then had a shop balance and tune them. It's running an aftermarket can (not sure on brand) and I fitted a K&N filter.

I asked the mech to jet it suit and he told me when I picked it up that the std jets were fine and he just shimmed the needles.

I took his work for it and as it rode much smoother then when I tool it to him, I thought it was all good. Having done 500 or so km on it, it seems to be running way too rich in the mid range. coasting at 5-7k it can have a slight flat spot and also gets a vibration and can even seem to misfire or flood on initial acceleration. my thoughts are that this is all fuel issues as the carbs should still be in sync.

I'm happy to start tinkering with the tuning myself but any advice on jet sizes etc would greatly appreciated!

cheers!

Brett

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Look at Dynojet or Factory Pro for a jet kit; they come in stages and say what they are (DJ do anyway).

Stage 1- optimum for stock setup (but your bike comes set up to pass emmisions and drive by noise test; not optimum jetting)
Stage 2- slipon, with or without filter
Stage 3- Full System, Filter, believe also internal engine work is covered in this one

Stage 7 - Race Use

Something to that effect, see their website.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts