Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI EVERYONE, CAME ACROSS THE SITE LOOKING FOR TUNING MY ZX6. I HAVE BEEN SPEAKING TO BSD WHO DO THE WORK FOR THE BIKE MAGS IN THE UK AND THEY ADVISED ME TO GET MICRON HEADERS, A FILTER AND A POWER COMANDER WITH A CUSTOM MAP AND RECON THEY CAN GET ABOUT 10 BHP AT 8,000 WITH A BIT AT THE TOP. SIMILLAR TO THE R6 IN PERFORMANCE BIKES MAG.

i ALREADY HAVE A HOT BODIES EXHAUST BUT IT DOESNT GO FAR ENOUGH INTO THE LINK PIPE SO LEAKS, I AM STILL WAITING FOR BUSTERS TO REPLACE IT.

I HAVE REPLACES ALL THE BLACK PLASTIC WITH CARBON AND FITTED A GREEN REAR LIGHT WITH INDICATORS. STILL TRYING TO SORT THE GREEN FRONT ONES.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
You're bike sounds cool, pics?

About the tuning thing. A PCIII with a custom map would be a good place to start me thinks. I know nothing about anything else but a full system if you have the dosh would also help restrictions. Do the jumper mod and get some decent suspension.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Have you looked into getting a full Akropovic exhaust with a race ECU? From what I have read that seems to make the best power..:O

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an '05 636 from new too. Had a micron race end can put on. Then I added a K+N air filter and dynojet pc usb3. Took it to M+P, my local dealer, and had them rolling tune it. They got an extra 4 bhp, not bad for minor changes!
I bought my pc from the states as they were cheaper than over here. I bought 3 at the time, 1 on my machine, sold 1 and still got the other. If your interested, let me know!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Damn that's a clean tail!

That hotbodies looks NOICE!! Any problems with things melting?

Great looking bike mate.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tail tidy comes as part of the kit from Hotbodies, light from clear alternatives, both set of indicators are wired in. I have had a problen in that the canister does not go far enough into the link pipe and leaked wich melted the undertray where the exhaust valve joint was. was sent another set but is the same length. Busters in the UK are still sorting me another, but is taking far to long to get sorted.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Sorry about the probs your having with your melt-down.
But......WOW! That looks sweet. I like a lot.:thumbup
Thats enough to make me want to go get a "newer" zx!
:skeptic (maybe)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
i love the carbon fiber peices but they just cost too much for me, its like 2000 us for all that carbon fiber or more. but it looks great though

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
very lucky with the carbon, local bike shop had someone put a deposit down on thier ZX6 and ordered all the carbon as an extra, then cancelled, the sold the bike but not the carbon, got the lot for cost plus VAT so saved loads.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
very lucky with the carbon, local bike shop had someone put a deposit down on thier ZX6 and ordered all the carbon as an extra, then cancelled, the sold the bike but not the carbon, got the lot for cost plus VAT so saved loads.
glad you got all the carbon for cheap, you got any more pics of the carbon fiber up close?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'd hit that arse:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts