Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
wtf is wrong with people?

What could a biker possibility do that is SO BAD that causes people to put oil in the road?

·
Registered
203 Posts
There has been someone here at Deal's Gap doing this for about 2 years. Does it in the photog corners every few months.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There have been people putting grass clippings and gravel on some corners around here, but wire and oil across a road is a whole new level of needing to get their butt kicked.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
wtf is wrong with people?

What could a biker possibility do that is SO BAD that causes people to put oil in the road?
No excuses for anyone doing anything like this but...........not everyone enjoys their peace and tranqulity upset and disturbed by the sound of 14k buzzing relentlessly. Not only that the super close passing, tailgating and general shenanigans that joe public and especially residents who live on or near those oh so often traveled "good roads" have to endure

We have a couple roads here that routinely get wheelbarrows of sand dumped in the corners and spread around.

The tightest part of County road D just outside of pepin and Welch village Road. Every year people crash on those roads even without any help and there are numerous residents fed up with motorcycles flying by trip digits with loudass ignorance blaring out the exhuast.

I have great distane for my neighbor who every morning starts his POS truck with rusted out exhuast and lets it rumble for 10 minutes before he leaves for work, of course tromping on it all the way, I can hear him atleast a mile away. Then he almost every weekend starts the POS dozens of times and has to floor it to drive around the block with his buddies and come back just to do it again an hour later........so I surely can understand their frustration and the cops are worthless for the most part, so they are serving their own justice.....likely not really knowing the consequences of how bad it could get for the motorcyclist.

Again it is wrong, but you have to look at it from their point of view also

Think about it next time you are out riding like the road is your own personal racetrack and show some curtiousy and self restraint, it just may go a long way to improving some of the publics perception and reactions to those that are fucking idiots and only care about themselves...

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
I actually saw a sign on one road I ride on frequently

"People live on this road, please respect our right to enjoy our homes and yards"

Unfortunately I have seen people go by that sign and rev the shit out their bikes just to be douchebags....

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No excuses for anyone doing anything like this but.........

We have a couple roads here that routinely get wheelbarrows of sand dumped in the corners and spread around.

Sorry, but there is NO excuse that justifies that action, no matter what "point of view" somebody has. If somebody is willing to seriously injure of kill a innocent rider to make a "point", they need to go to jail.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want squids flying by my house everyday with straight-through exhausts either, but you don't risk some husband and wife on their cruiser on a nice day just to get even. Call the police, newspapers, local politicians, etc. until something is done. In the age of having cameras everywhere, it would be easy to film the offenders and show it to the local constablary.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Sorry, but there is NO excuse that justifies that action, no matter what "point of view" somebody has. If somebody is willing to seriously injure of kill a innocent rider to make a "point", they need to go to jail.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want squids flying by my house everyday with straight-through exhausts either, but you don't risk some husband and wife on their cruiser on a nice day just to get even. Call the police, newspapers, local politicians, etc. until something is done. In the age of having cameras everywhere, it would be easy to film the offenders and show it to the local constablary.

I agree with you but the idiots disturbing the peace also need to go to jail too, or at the very least have the bikes impounded until they meet local noise laws and the riders ticketed for every offense they can be.

My point is this, those people likely are not motorcyclists and likely don't know the consequences of their actions could be fatal or even seriously injure someone. Pretty likley they see squids crash and walk/ride away regularly so that is their frame of mind. Still doesn't excuse them for ignorance but it may explain in part why they do what they do...

And do you really want more rules and regulations because of the few idiots, your solution is worse (for the good motorcyclists)than the problem.
Sure it would be awesome if a cop could just camp on the road for days or weeks on end and ticket the agregious offenders and send the message home that it won't be tolerated but we all know that is not going to happen

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
There's an update here.

I'm a translator/interpreter by career (and German is one of my languages), for those of you who can't understand German, they caught a 26 year old from Stolberg and he's believed to be the oil-slick culprit!

Ölanschläge: 26-jähriger Stolberger festgenommen
I know that road. had a bf and some classmates in that area I visited weekly for a while.

In that article they also mentioned he was accused of spraying hakenkreuz graffiti

They actually stuck him in an asylum after interrogating him. He's on trial for attempted homicide.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Wtf is wrong with people

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
No excuses for anyone doing anything like this but...........not everyone enjoys their peace and tranqulity upset and disturbed by the sound of 14k buzzing relentlessly. Not only that the super close passing, tailgating and general shenanigans that joe public and especially residents who live on or near those oh so often traveled "good roads" have to endure

The tightest part of County road D just outside of pepin and Welch village Road. Every year people crash on those roads even without any help and there are numerous residents fed up with motorcycles flying by trip digits with loudass ignorance blaring out the exhuast.

I have great distane for my neighbor who every morning starts his POS truck with rusted out exhuast and lets it rumble for 10 minutes before he leaves for work, of course tromping on it all the way, I can hear him atleast a mile away. Then he almost every weekend starts the POS dozens of times and has to floor it to drive around the block with his buddies and come back just to do it again an hour later........so I surely can understand their frustration and the cops are worthless for the most part, so they are serving their own justice.....likely not really knowing the consequences of how bad it could get for the motorcyclist.

Think about it next time you are out riding like the road is your own personal racetrack and show some curtiousy and self restraint, it just may go a long way to improving some of the publics perception and reactions to those that are fucking idiots and only care about themselves...
If I ever find myself empathizing with someone who intentionally does something knowing that the results will be injury, thousands of dollars and potentially death then I'm gonna go chew on the wrong end of my 12 gauge.

I don't give a crap how annoyed the person is I'll never find empathy for that. Sure, calling the cops and/or even going and confronting the asshole neighbor I can get behind but to try to intentionally wreck someone? I personally think that should be considered attempted manslaughter and dealt with harshly.

·
Registered
598 Posts
WTF is wrong with these people? :coocoo
I have asked myself this a lot as well. The only thing I can come up with is that in general, most people around us are miserable. Nobody really wants to spend their life working a job. Look at the stuff on the news, it's mostly focused on showcasing other people's misery. We feel better about our own situation when we see others who are suffering worse. I think the person dumping oil in a corner is a lot like the [email protected] who drive giant trucks. They are compensating for something that they lack somewhere else in their lives.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
If I ever find myself empathizing with someone who intentionally does something knowing that the results will be injury, thousands of dollars and potentially death then I'm gonna go chew on the wrong end of my 12 gauge.

I don't give a crap how annoyed the person is I'll never find empathy for that. Sure, calling the cops and/or even going and confronting the asshole neighbor I can get behind but to try to intentionally wreck someone? I personally think that should be considered attempted manslaughter and dealt with harshly.
Well said.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts