Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a bike to be used primarily on the track. I'm very partial to vtwins but ducatis are expensive :) Everyone with an SV prices them like the second coming of ducati especially considering the suspension upgrades needed. I motored around on a 07 gsxr 600 and I liked it okay. I haven't been able to find any deals on gsxrs but I have found a large number of deals on 06 zx6s or 636s.

What gives?

I'm sure it's very similar to the gix6 but what're the pros/cons? I'm asking the question because most people won't allow test rides before I throw down a huge chunk of money.

Your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
553 Posts
the 636 is a good bike for track days but it puts you in a different class if you want to all out race it. If that's what your looking for the go for the ZX6RR. I pretty much started out on twins, a TL1000R but I wouldn't want it for the track due to it's weight and size, however, I've seen them on the track and they do ok, I guess it's just how you ride them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kahearn, good article...didn't know they came with a slipper clutch.

Slow50, I'm not racing so the extra cc's are not an issue. I used to have a TLS but I trashed it. I can't imagine having that on the track, especially the small technical track we have here locally. Where are you in Iraq and what service? Thank you for that. I was in Baghdad early 07. Stay safe.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
just comes down to price ya wanna spend and whats avaliable

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've found a lot of race bikes on www.craigslist.org but most of them don't have a title.... if your only going to race it/track day it then that shouldn't be much of an issue for you. My ZX does great on the track and the guy I do all my track days with has a cbr 600rr, there both great bikes! I had an 01 SV650 that was an all out track bike, picked it up from a friend for 2 grand and sold it for 4 grand, it had all the suspension goodies and everything else you could think of. If you really like twins keep looking till you find what you want. Oh, I'm army national guard and I'm currently in Tikrit Iraq and your welcome...I love what I do!

Here's a pic of my SV...I kinda miss that bike, it was fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts