Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
recently i brought my 06 zx6 to my friends garage so id have space to work on it to paint and swap out fairings + paint and swap the stator cover. i took all the fairings off, and painted the gas tank as well. so everything was unhooked, stator, lights ect...after hooking it all back up...the bike wont start. its all plugged back in correctly though so im not sure what the issue is. i get a clicking sound that clicks a cpl times and then stops while the dash light up still. battery is fully charged. my buddy says he thinks its either the stator all of a sudden went bad...or the startor went bad. how should i go about trouble shooting this? just replace those parts or is there an easier way to TEST and find out wats wrong before buying different parts
i uploaded a video of what happens
motorcycle start

·
Registered
13,670 Posts
If you don't have a multimeter, you need to get one. If everything worked before you took it apart, and now does not -- very unlikely you hooked everything up correctly.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tank was painted? Just going off that info my first thought would be the fuel pump.... fuses are always a easy first check, and paint almost always finds it's way into the pump screen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can someone point me in the direction of a video that shows how to test the solenoid? or some very detailed directions. currently, when i try to start it..the dash lights go out and i get this clicking sound. i thought that seemed like a battery issue...like it didnt have enough juice to start the bike, even tho the battery charger said it was full charged. also, i did attempt to start it by jumping the bike with cables and still got nothing. so my next step is to test the solenoid...someone also said something about the relay fuse..where is that located? i have a fuse box under the passenger seat that is labeled..i checked the start fuse and all the other ones in the box and nothing was blown. id like to avoid taking it to a shop. the only other thing thats different is the screws that hold the stator in place( not the cover but the actual stator) i got some from home depot..they arent the same color...does the material of the screws play a part? and also...the little gear thing thats connected to the starter and helps spin the gears...thats not really being held into place by anything but the sprokets from the starter and gear spinner thing..help please

1 - 9 of 9 Posts