Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a '15 zx6r and am unfamiliar of its TRC and Power mode settings. It would be great if anyone can share their thoughts/practices on this. What are the suggested best settings for a good riding experience?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Welcome

I'm sure you read your owners manual on the subject.

How many bikes have you owned?

How long have you been riding?

There will be varying opinions on this, but I generally run full power with TC setting 1 for dry, sunny conditions.

In rainy poor traction conditions, TC level 3 with reduced power setting is not a bad idea.

If this is your first sportbike, leaving the TC on 3 is not a bad idea until more experience is gained.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Power settings:

Full - 100 % power
Alternate : 80 % power. Recommended for things like rainy conditions. Might be a good option for newer riders. I don't think you should be a new Sportbike rider on a 600 but I'll just leave that old debate at that

Traction control is 1, 2, 3 or off. 3 is very intrusive. Any sudden throttle inputs is going to be met with cuts of power. 2 is definitely way less intrusive but you'll still see it kick in every now and then during gear shifts and sudden accelerations at low RPM. I run this mode almost all of the time. I look at it as insurance on the street. It's saved me in the canyons in a turn hitting a dirt patch.

1 I use at the track and I've hardly ever known it to kick in. There was one time I remember it kicking in on a turn and I think it did a pretty good job at keeping my bike straight when I guess the rear started to slide on some slicks that were toward the end of their life.

And of course you have no TC. Obviously you run this if you don't want it at all, this would be hardcore racers that like spinning their rear wheels and using their rear brakes to slide through corners.

A lot of people on here have complained about setting 2 kicking in a lot in first gear. I do experience this but I've noticed it does not happen as much after the tires warm up.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Power mode gives your bike moar power....duuhh.. And trc allows you to travel back and forth through time. Think of it as a flux capacitor, but for your bike.

·
Registered
666 Posts
From the owners manual:

I typically leave mine on full. The highway ill pht on low because you will notice full power has ALOT more engine braking.

Tcs i typically keep at 1 unless i gotta go into gravel or some other shitty road condition

1 - 6 of 6 Posts