Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a spare set of rims for the track. Is it looked down upon to take my street rotors and sprocket and put them on the track wheels? The spare set I’m looking at won’t come with a sprocket or rotors. I have my first track day next month and will only be able to make a few track days this summer so this would not be something that happened every weekend.

Thanks in advance.

-Zak

·
Registered
489 Posts
Are you running different tires for street and track? Using the rotors from your street wheels is fine, though I would eventually look at getting another set of rotors for your track wheels. You should be able to get a set of rotors for $100-$150.

What year is your bike? I think I might have a spare set of fornt ' 05 (fits other years) rotors in the garage I could let go.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Are you running different tires for street and track? Using the rotors from your street wheels is fine, though I would eventually look at getting another set of rotors for your track wheels. You should be able to get a set of rotors for $100-$150.

What year is your bike? I think I might have a spare set of fornt ' 05 (fits other years) rotors in the garage I could let go.
I'm running Q3's that have a bit of a flat spot but still have plenty of tread for the street. Not sure if they will pass inspection on the track. Figured if they don't pass I will have them mount new tires on the spare set and leave the Q3's on my street wheels. I will eventually get a set of rotors for the spare set, just working on a budget right now.

What are you looking for the rotors?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.