Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hubby is taking my 636 for a spin on the track for the first time next month and I am wondering what people's opinion is on race tires for the 636. He runs dunlop slicks on his R1 race bike, but this is the first time with the 636. I still have the stock Bridgestones on it, just over 3000 miles. Any opinions or suggestions???? I am considering trying my first track day in Vegas this fall, it's an all womans day, check out femmoto.com. Yes, I'm scared the of boys!!!!!

:thatsgay

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i've heard a lot of good things about the pilot power's, never ridden them myself. I usually just see what's being sold at the track from the tire guy. Dunlop 208's worked out well for me on my R1.

-:banana

·
Registered
228 Posts
Pilot Powers are more than enough tire for most C and B group riders. I've seen A group guys running "race pace" on regular Powers as well (though they don't hold up too well). I personally run Powers at the track but I'm no means "fast". (med/solid B group pace). I'm also going to try 2ct's for a few trackdays and then switch to Power Race for the rest of the season and NRS (new racer school) in hopes to get my race license (AFM). I doubt I'll be able to race until next season '08.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Pilot Powers I'd recommend if they hold up half as good as they are on the road.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Pirelli Supercorsa's or Diablo Corsa's.
You know it makes sense!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
i ran PP and they held up great but if he is a fast rider he needs polit races and tire warmers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts