Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new 2019 that's intended for Track Use. Still in it's street clothes for the last track day before summer heat hear in So Cal. Wondering what Race Plastics people are fitting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hotbodies are a couple of miles from me so I'll take a wander up there and see what they have (looks like I need to do some battery box and exhaust surgery to get it all to fit), looks like the might have some nice rear sets too.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Backmarker has both Hotbodies and Armour Bodies for his '19...I don't know anyone else with a '19 that has multiple brands of bodywork yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've ordered a set of crcs. They are across the pond and still much cheaper. I Will say i didn't get a shipping or tracking number..... Hmmm

·
Registered
15 Posts
How do you like the crc's? I need to get a set of fairings in 3 weeks. It says it's upper, lower, and two sides.....? And if you don't mind how much did it come out to?
They are one of the best quality fairings you can find. Compared to other fairings I had on previous bike, you can immediately see that it is the upper class in terms of quality of the fabrication and material.

P.S. I see now that you have already ordered them.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Does anyone know if these fit or can be made to fit 13-18?
Wondering the same thing. The 19+ track bodywork looks REALLY good, anyone able to confirm if could fit on 2013-2018 ZX6R's ?
From what I can tell, all of the years between 2009 - 2020 should fit each other.

·
Registered
13 Posts
From what I can tell, all of the years between 2009 - 2020 should fit each other.
Thanks for the reply.
I read somewhere from 2009-2012 you would have to modify for fitting on the 2013-18 year ZX6R. Just wondering if the 2013-2018 trying to use 19+ would be same case and not direct bolt on and requires modification?

I'm really liking the new style on the 19+ and would like to use on my 2013 but will be for race use and has to be easily removed/installed trackside so if there is modification then might not be so easy to install/remove.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
I read somewhere from 2009-2012 you would have to modify for fitting on the 2013-18 year ZX6R. Just wondering if the 2013-2018 trying to use 19+ would be same case and not direct bolt on and requires modification?

I'm really liking the new style on the 19+ and would like to use on my 2013 but will be for race use and has to be easily removed/installed trackside so if there is modification then might not be so easy to install/remove.
I think that is mainly for OEM plastics, because they are slightly different (e.g. fuel tank side panels, upper inner fairing, etc.). Somebody else may know for sure if this applies to the track fairings as well, but I think they are much easier to fit to any of those year models from 2009 and above.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts