Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Keep updating this thread or start a new one once you begin your journey so we can keep up with where you are and what you think of all the tracks you go to.
Surely keep updating the thread. if I recall you might try to make it to KY or IN this year. could be fun to ride together!
Best,
KYKawi

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey all - its been awhile since I've been back to this thread, for all the obvious reasons. Things are finally starting to break free here in California, with track events starting a couple of weeks ago and things generally moving forward, though there are different rules in place by county.

Losing the spring season really sucks for the overall plan - I was hoping to beat the heat of summer but now I don't see any way around it. This is truly a one and done event - I expect that I may be back working by January '21 so its now or never which means being out in the middle of the heat and humidity :(

Current plan is to head out around July 7th or so, with first stop at High Plains Raceway in Colorado on the 12th. After that its up to Road America, followed by another 2 and a half months of events, finally returning home by the first week of October. As was the original plan, my goal is to get to as many of the MotoAmerica tracks as possible with a trip to COTA being the key event of the whole schedule. As of today, I've got it worked out to include at least 19 track days, including 9 or more at MA venues, with a total of just over 13,000 RV miles (and who knows how many $ in gas!). i expect to be on the road for a full 3 months, unless of course the money, the body, or the wife wear out!

MA tracks Tentative Dates
RoadAmerica 7/17
VIR 7/27, 9/7, 9/8
NJMP 8/1
COTA 8/22, 8/23
PittRace 9/13
Road Atlanta 9/19
Barber 9/21
UMC 10/3

Other tracks on the list include Blackhawk Farms, Summit Point (Shenandoah and Main), Hastings MP, Nelson Ledges, Grattan, Autobahn and Putnam Park.

But since I've had a couple more months to think about the plan, there are a couple of tracks that have come to mind that I've not been able to find any organizers or dates for - do these still exist, and does anybody know who might run events there?

1) Pikes Peak
2) Daytona - I see that Florida Track Days runs events at Palm Beach and Homestead but nothing at Daytona.
3) Jennings GP
4) Brainerd
5) Mid-Ohio

I'll start up a separate thread once this gets into late June and things are still looking good.

Cheers

·
Director of Moderation
9,838 Posts
Hey all - its been awhile since I've been back to this thread, for all the obvious reasons. Things are finally starting to break free here in California, with track events starting a couple of weeks ago and things generally moving forward, though there are different rules in place by county.

Losing the spring season really sucks for the overall plan - I was hoping to beat the heat of summer but now I don't see any way around it. This is truly a one and done event - I expect that I may be back working by January '21 so its now or never which means being out in the middle of the heat and humidity :(

Current plan is to head out around July 7th or so, with first stop at High Plains Raceway in Colorado on the 12th. After that its up to Road America, followed by another 2 and a half months of events, finally returning home by the first week of October. As was the original plan, my goal is to get to as many of the MotoAmerica tracks as possible with a trip to COTA being the key event of the whole schedule. As of today, I've got it worked out to include at least 19 track days, including 9 or more at MA venues, with a total of just over 13,000 RV miles (and who knows how many $ in gas!). i expect to be on the road for a full 3 months, unless of course the money, the body, or the wife wear out!

MA tracks Tentative Dates
RoadAmerica 7/17
VIR 7/27, 9/7, 9/8
NJMP 8/1
COTA 8/22, 8/23
PittRace 9/13
Road Atlanta 9/19
Barber 9/21
UMC 10/3

Other tracks on the list include Blackhawk Farms, Summit Point (Shenandoah and Main), Hastings MP, Nelson Ledges, Grattan, Autobahn and Putnam Park.

But since I've had a couple more months to think about the plan, there are a couple of tracks that have come to mind that I've not been able to find any organizers or dates for - do these still exist, and does anybody know who might run events there?

1) Pikes Peak
2) Daytona - I see that Florida Track Days runs events at Palm Beach and Homestead but nothing at Daytona.
3) Jennings GP
4) Brainerd
5) Mid-Ohio

I'll start up a separate thread once this gets into late June and things are still looking good.

Cheers
Might meet you at Road America! As of now I still plan on going that weekend, although I likely won't ride the track day, just go for the CCS races on Saturday/Sunday. But i'd probably be getting there Friday so might be able to meet up! VIR is not looking promising as they have already canceled a bunch of bike events even as far as September.

Don't know much about the 5 you listed, but Daytona doesn't really have track days, just races and race practice, and it's only twice a year. March during the Daytona 200 event, which was canceled this year when I was there, and October for the Race of Champions.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Might meet you at Road America! As of now I still plan on going that weekend, although I likely won't ride the track day, just go for the CCS races on Saturday/Sunday. But i'd probably be getting there Friday so might be able to meet up! VIR is not looking promising as they have already canceled a bunch of bike events even as far as September.

Don't know much about the 5 you listed, but Daytona doesn't really have track days, just races and race practice, and it's only twice a year. March during the Daytona 200 event, which was canceled this year when I was there, and October for the Race of Champions.
That sucks to hear about VIR - I was planning on going through there twice after all the great things I heard about it. I suppose there might be a few surprises still to come - most of the Western US is coming back to life but I guess its been and will continue to be a different story back east.

Just came back from my first event of the year - went to Buttonwillow Raceway on Memorial Day. Had a good day but boy was it hot. Just turned from spring to summer this last weekend and my winterized body wasn't really used to it.

·
Director of Moderation
9,838 Posts
That sucks to hear about VIR - I was planning on going through there twice after all the great things I heard about it. I suppose there might be a few surprises still to come - most of the Western US is coming back to life but I guess its been and will continue to be a different story back east.

Just came back from my first event of the year - went to Buttonwillow Raceway on Memorial Day. Had a good day but boy was it hot. Just turned from spring to summer this last weekend and my winterized body wasn't really used to it.
I am also hoping there will be some events at VIR this year. Especially the one in July where they run the North course Sat/Sun and the full course on Monday since I've never done full course. From what I've heard, the people in charge at VIR just don't give a shit about bikes so they're giving priority to car clubs instead for all those early season ones that had to be canceled or re-scheduled. They even bitched about MotoAmerica and I would've thought that's one of their biggest events of the year.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts