Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on going to a track day at Eagle's Canyon Raceway not to far from where I live. It's scheduled for March 31st. I wanted to go to a track day last year but my schedule just didn't allow for that. Maybe this will finally be my time to get on the track! :devious

RideSmart
Eagle's Canyon Raceway

·
Registered
571 Posts
Don't do it, you'll never want to ride on the street again.:devious

Hope you get to go. :)

Be safe and enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
553 Posts
If I can give you one piece of advice, don't push hard on your last session....your best session will have been long over by the end of the day! On that note, enjoy your new addiction!

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
have fun mate and take the camera for some video and pics too!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome to your newest addiction, i am going to the ridesmart event at TWS on the 22nd, Eagles Canyon is like 5 hours from my house. After I did 2 years of trackdays with them and Lonestar I refused to ride on the street anymore, My bike is strickly track only now. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it got canceled due to the high probability of severe weather. I'm going to shoot for the May 5th day instead.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well track-day was today. Started off nice enough. Got in about 5 warm-up laps then a couple more faster laps. Pulled into the pits to wait for the instructor to start following to shoot video. It started raining so he couldn't tape. Went back out onto the track and the clouds let loose. Maybe it was the speed but it sure felt like hail at one point. Got drenched on that lap, slid around a couple turns. Couldn't see shit cause of all the rain on the face shield and the fog inside the helmet. Went back to the pits and waited for it to let up. It let up a few times but the track was drenched. Ended up going home early. Riding in the rain with lightning around ain't my cup of tea! :-( Also, didn't get many pictures. May post them later if they're any good.

In all it looks like a great track. Love the layout. 2.5 miles, something like 14 turns. Lots of double-apex turns and off cambers and elevation changes. Surprisingly the off camber turns didn't scare me like I thought they would. I will definitely go back, I think in July. It will be hotter than hell but I don't give a crap. At least it won't be raining!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
rain sucks man
sorry to hear that... glad you did have fun on the laps you did get... too bad no video =(

oh well its just an excuse to go again really soon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts