Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally id never buy anything from someone in crocks, and its not in the best condition, but i offered him, 250$ shipped. It hotbodies(yes i know it will explode on impact) and not in the best condition but its never been crashed in and come with the super bike tail, opinions?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Those look good to me I wouldn't hesitate, worst case scenario just reenforce any areas that look weak but I would get that in a sec and not even paint it just throw on a seat pad and go! Plus the seat pad area is untouched I don't think this set was used very much.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nothing wrong with hotbodies bw.....track bodywork at that price is all good. I've crashed with my Sharkskins twice and they are still ok......My other bodywork by GP Composites on my 03 was the BEST bodywork I have ever had. It was super pliable and has been down multiple times without cracking.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
has anyone actually USED the stuff? im getting alot of mixed reviews from people who havent shown proof of actual use? ive found alot of reviews complaining about fitment, but in many of the cases, when contacted hotbodies has sent a replacement for free? in cases of crashing, aside from ridiculous highsides that would probably wreck any body work, ive read plenty of reviews stating they held up fine in the average lowside.

anyway, its the best deal ive found, not crashed, 200$ + 43$ shipping + 7$ fee = 250$ for all, if i crash and destroy it ill ziptip it back together like always. atleast it wont destroy my oems anymore then they already are. thanks for the feeback from everyone.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Well if you factor in the shipping I did pay 200$ for it :laugh
I said $200 on the high side because I was including shipping...lol

Fact is, if you're on a budget and you cant find ANYTHING cheaper, then you gotta go with it. I understand that. Just understand that you're paying a $50 convenience fee of finding a set...haha

I've never used Hot Bodies, because I heeded the warnings of doing so. I've been at the track for a while and have seen all types of body work. Hotbodies is no better than the cheapest of the cheap. I crashed my bike at 130, it flipped, broke the frame, yet my sharkskinz body work held up fine. I had to drop the engine to get the frame welded back together, but I didn't have to touch the body work.

I do have quite a bit of experience with different types of body work, because I'm usually the one repairing it for my friends since I'm good with fiberglass. I can tell you, the hotbodies stuff doesn't hold up well in crashes. No crash is the same, but the consistency is the same over time, I do more repairs on hotbodies fairings, and those repairs are almost always worse, having to completely reconstruct areas that completely broke off.

Having said that, maybe you'll just never wreck, therefore, never have to worry about it ;)
-Cody

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Proof:

Hotbodies after a 60-70 mph crash. The blue tape is covering up the places that were still good. As you can see, theres a lot of red...haha. On the upper, it's actually much worse than the picture shows. Several long cracks, the triangle at the bottom wasn't connected...it was bad

After my amazing work...the side I repaired actually looked better/smoother/less wavy than the 'stock' side...lol!

My 130 mph lowside, which turned into the bike flipping

Not trying to 'dog' your purchase, just answering your question about opinions ;)
-Cody

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I said $200 on the high side because I was including shipping...lol

Fact is, if you're on a budget and you cant find ANYTHING cheaper, then you gotta go with it. I understand that. Just understand that you're paying a $50 convenience fee of finding a set...haha

I've never used Hot Bodies, because I heeded the warnings of doing so. I've been at the track for a while and have seen all types of body work. Hotbodies is no better than the cheapest of the cheap. I crashed my bike at 130, it flipped, broke the frame, yet my sharkskinz body work held up fine. I had to drop the engine to get the frame welded back together, but I didn't have to touch the body work.

I do have quite a bit of experience with different types of body work, because I'm usually the one repairing it for my friends since I'm good with fiberglass. I can tell you, the hotbodies stuff doesn't hold up well in crashes. No crash is the same, but the consistency is the same over time, I do more repairs on hotbodies fairings, and those repairs are almost always worse, having to completely reconstruct areas that completely broke off.

Having said that, maybe you'll just never wreck, therefore, never have to worry about it ;)
-Cody
thank you for the input, ill keep it in mind. i dont have much fiberglass experience, maybe this will be a chance to get good at it :laugh but i dooooo believe i will be crashing lol, and when i do, then ill do my own "this shit sucks buy armor bodies instead" review lol.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Proof:

Hotbodies after a 60-70 mph crash. The blue tape is covering up the places that were still good. As you can see, theres a lot of red...haha. On the upper, it's actually much worse than the picture shows. Several long cracks, the triangle at the bottom wasn't connected...it was bad

After my amazing work:

Not trying to 'dog' your purchase, just answering your question about opinions ;)
-Cody
Definitely some shit missing lol, oh well ive already commited to buying it, and ive been searching for a while and havent found anything under my 300$ budget, that hasnt been crashed and repaired.

by the way those repairs look great haha

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Definitely some shit missing lol, oh well ive already commited to buying it, and ive been searching for a while and havent found anything under my 300$ budget, that hasnt been crashed and repaired.
Completely understand. That's the way it works sometimes...you gotta have it, so you might pay a little extra for it. That's why I'm always on the lookout for spare parts at fantastic deals...haha
-Cody

·
Registered
79 Posts
mine crashed at 90 lowside, busted some up, but 20 bucks in fiber repair kit, and good enough. 250 was a good deal, i wouldn't sell mine for that and their busted up and need some repair (not horrible, but still some work, kinda fun)

*my sato slider did well keeping them protected for the most part.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had hot bodies on my cbr track bike. The fitment was off and it seemed very brittle.

I got attack on my zx now and it fits amazing. Can't speak in crashes. Yet

1 - 20 of 26 Posts