Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07-08 track bike, it was built as most are from a write off. I’m putting on (modyfiying) the full Hindle system I had purchased for my 05, and I noticed that theres a lack of any shroud or deflector to prevent the heat from the headers/radiator from passing over top the top of the engine under the tank. Is this deflector more for in traffic situations and not needed as much on a track bike, or was it hastily thrown out and should be replaced to prevent fuel airbox heat soak?

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
I have an 07-08 track bike, it was built as most are from a write off. I’m putting on (modyfiying) the full Hindle system I had purchased for my 05, and I noticed that theres a lack of any shroud or deflector to prevent the heat from the headers/radiator from passing over top the top of the engine under the tank. Is this deflector more for in traffic situations and not needed as much on a track bike, or was it hastily thrown out and should be replaced to prevent fuel airbox heat soak?
I definitely would want that up there......

not only does it keep some of the heated air from going to the tank and intake it aids in directed the hot air out the side fairings where speed draws it away from the bike

You could make your own..otherwise the oe part is only like $30.00

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I definitely would want that up there......

not only does it keep some of the heated air from going to the tank and intake it aids in directed the hot air out the side fairings where speed draws it away from the bike

You could make your own..otherwise the oe part is only like $30.00
thanks that’s what I thought! Found the part several online OE say Not available, might see what making a deflector or an eBay used one looks like.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Call your local dealer. I bet you can still buy it..... online sites are many times just middle man to dealerships and othertimes are dealerships with some dipshit at a keyboard taking orders but has zero knowledge and rarely updates the sites....

It sure looks available on my ordering system.......

COVER-SEAL
49016-0042
$33.38

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Call your local dealer. I bet you can still buy it..... online sites are many times just middle man to dealerships and othertimes are dealerships with some dipshit at a keyboard taking orders but has zero knowledge and rarely updates the sites....

It sure looks available on my ordering system.......

COVER-SEAL
49016-0042
$33.38
oh dang I thought I needed:

14091-0799
hot wind cover

looks like I might need to order both.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
oh dang I thought I needed:

14091-0799
hot wind cover

looks like I might need to order both.
My mistake....

you do and that is the important one of the two........... and while it is not in stock in any US warehouse... I see a few places have it on hand as "new old stock"

but it is listed as backordered, which simply means you would get it, it just may be 2 weeks or it may be 2 months
but ouch ouch ouch to the price of it......... $129

·
Registered
675 Posts
You'll be fine without it and it won't cause any over heating issues assuming the rest of your bike/cooling system is functioning properly. Should you have it? Yeah sure I guess, but I wouldn't sit out a track or race weekend just because it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You'll be fine without it and it won't cause any over heating issues assuming the rest of your bike/cooling system is functioning properly. Should you have it? Yeah sure I guess, but I wouldn't sit out a track or race weekend just because it.
Thanks, I didn't have any overheating issues on my first 2 track days on the bike, and the bike has been raced, I'm just trying to tick off a few boxes over the winter to make this thing solid, (suspension was setup and refreshed, has a penske twin clicker) going to do valve clearance check over winter and tidy up things.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Two seasons and one sportsman championship with my old one and it never gave me any issues with half of the plastics and foam stuff missing that's always found on OEM bodywork. Was a good bike. Definitely takes some work to secure the rectifier/regulator and such as it's in a terrible spot from the factory.

Tire Helmet Sports gear Wheel Vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts