Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I've been reading it from the beginning and all the time I was thinking, what the hell, why you just don't take it back to the dealer that sold it to you? If you tracked previous owner and he told you that he had this problem too and dealer didn't mention it when selling the bike it means that they just cheated on you. I don't belive that the previous owner didn't mention this problem to the dealer when selling it and I think they check all the bikes that they are buying and reselling too.

Then finally I got to the last posts and I can see that you just did it. I'd do it first.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
dealer is 56 miles away and that is the problem they wanted to take the bike in November for the week but was unable to take time off work to let them have it and i need the bike for work daily as where i work is in a awkward palce......old owner didnt mention the problem to the dealer as he lives in leeds....had test done in leeds then sold the bike in bradford lol seems everyone to me are untrustworthy wankers these days

·
Registered
347 Posts
So, I went for a long ride this past monday. Usually, with the crap running, I've been getting around 85-95 miles per tank, which means its just dumping gas in there... ;-( but on this long ride, on the third tank for the day( in which i was practically running non-stop except to get gas and then get back on and go each time) the bike started running much better, wasn't bogging down in gear any more, was reaching a higher top speed but ran out of room to really see how high it would go, but I got 135 at one point. The tank mileage got to 115miles so there was further confirmation that it was running better.

I stopped for gas and filled up, and the problem had returned in full force. I thought briefly the bike had fixed itself by some grace of the Kawi Lord but, that was too good to be true.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
ok so dealer called me today after 7 days and said the problem is fixed. they have said it was because who ever installed the alarm moved the atmosphere pressure sensor out of its correct position and had put it next to the battery so was giving a incorrect reading.
i can not collect the bike until next week but does this sound right? and could cause the fueling problem to be so bad?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
ok so dealer called me today after 7 days and said the problem is fixed. they have said it was because who ever installed the alarm moved the atmosphere pressure sensor out of its correct position and had put it next to the battery so was giving a incorrect reading.
i can not collect the bike until next week but does this sound right? and could cause the fueling problem to be so bad?
Kinda sounds like the suction valve problem I had on my carbed J. Sounds like it could've been the problem

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Its still going on because it seems mechanics these days are part fitters rather than fixers. Noone seems to know much about even how these bikes work and there so called Kawasaki technicians

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
lol i agree, i got 3 or 4 different answers on simple things i thought even the cashier should know lol.

Reactions: 636MOBIN

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I bought my zx6r with mods already done so i dont know how they run stock but i do know from any stock bike ive ever rode that ive never found a 600 that wont do over 120 or 125 stock. One thing that could help is a power commander or other programmer and sprockett change.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Well I bought my zx6r with mods already done so i dont know how they run stock but i do know from any stock bike ive ever rode that ive never found a 600 that wont do over 120 or 125 stock. One thing that could help is a power commander or other programmer and sprockett change.
are you saying that a stock wont do over 125 bone-stock?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
doesnt anyone look at my dyno i uploaded? it clearly shows the fuel dies off. my mate has same bike stock and hits 177 on his speedo....i am asking about the atmosphere sensor in the back end the same one on the airbox right hand side. if it wasnt in a fixed position and free to move around or laid on its side would it effect the fueling? but noone seems to know

·
Registered
30 Posts
yes there is a sensor on the airbox that may have been your prob I called in on some 1 I know and he had a GSXR that had the same probs ie sensor on the airbox or just under it that had give up

·
Registered
347 Posts
This should be interesting to sort out now....I'll look at the fuel pump to like you mentioned. Gotta look at a part diagram now and figure out where/what this sensor is so I can move it or what not

161 - 180 of 215 Posts