Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
yeah thats where it should of been put but who ever put it in seems to of bodged it, i will try and move it once i get the bike back. where is ur sensor located in the back? it should be on the holding plate above the ecu from diagrams?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Ive spoke to about a dozen guys who all had the same problem around half fixed it but the fix is not the same, was anything from a sensor to fuel pump, coils, ecu, injectors blocked..so it cant be said if my fix works for u.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
i read ur post mate and by sounds of it your fuel pump is either blocked or did u try turning the bike on without fuel? if so u may of damaged ur fuel pump
my issue isnt the same as it revs to 16k in the first 2 gears and the dyno chart shows the fuel dies off....something isnt detecting my bike is going faster to increase fuel so this sensor position may of fixed it

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
i read ur post mate and by sounds of it your fuel pump is either blocked or did u try turning the bike on without fuel? if so u may of damaged ur fuel pump
my issue isnt the same as it revs to 16k in the first 2 gears and the dyno chart shows the fuel dies off....something isnt detecting my bike is going faster to increase fuel so this sensor position may of fixed it
Yeah I got a new pump on the way, should be here tomorrow :yumyum:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
This thread has been going on for so long. Look for another cheap one and swap the parts over bit by bit until it works and then sell the new bike. If you get a good deal you might not even lose any money.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
There nothing wrong with it. Was checked twice on diagnostic's all sensors checked etc etc so must be something simple....i have told the dealer hes gor two weeks to fix it if he fails i want a full refund and ill get the r1 he has in the showroom so still gets a sale.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Ah, he can't argue with that. Fairs fair

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Easy for me to say but don't be too put off. I had a supposedly bulletproof crf450 that was anything but. Was fucked from the day I bought it off some con artist and was no better the day I sold it after putting a grand into it. Some bikes are just like that I guess

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yeah that would only complicate things. Hopefully he'll get it sorted soon enough. At least you and the bike will have a bit of history :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I hate that this ain't solved for you yet. Time consuming to sort through a whole bike and not get anywhere. R1 would be nice though. I like the past 2 generations.

181 - 200 of 215 Posts