Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello ive owned my zx6r p8f for about 3 months so never really done over 100mph. tried today 7 times and everytime the bike topped out at 125, its really fast up to 100 but then seems to slow down alot.
anyone got any advice on what to check? or had expereince with a similiar problem? cheers johnny

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
You may have the top secret governmental speed limitation device installed. Be careful... the black SUV's and the drones could be tracking you.
Just kidding, of course....
But you never know.... :scared

Reactions: KawiGirl1636

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Could be downgeared severely to give acceleration.

I geared my E down 3 on the front and it went like fook up to 125mph, but then would creep. Theoretical maximum (red line in top gear) would've been 135mph.

What gear and revs does the bike reach?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for the replys i have checked the sprockets on there and it has 17/43 which is stock? should give me about 165mph
and it gets to about 4th gear on 13500rpm and wont go anymore with throttle cracked wide open
bike runs sweet tho all the time engine sounds and runs like new and it only has 6000 miles all fully serviced aswel by kawazaki

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Flux capacitor is bad Marty. :) jk

I would say gearing also. 17 front sprocket seems to large most are 15 tooth. Rear sprocket seems right. Most are 43 to 45. What year is your ride?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
hello ive owned my zx6r p8f for about 3 months so never really done over 100mph. tried today 7 times and everytime the bike topped out at 125, its really fast up to 100 but then seems to slow down alot.
anyone got any advice on what to check? or had expereince with a similiar problem? cheers johnny
sure you dont have a 250?

:devious

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its in 4th not 6th when it tops out, 1st 2nd and 3rd i change when the light flickers to then in 4th the revs rise slowly even with the throttle wide open full it does not reach the rev range for the light to flicker again to change to 5th. seems to hit a brick wall of now more pull on exactly 120 mph each 1mph gain after that is alot slower than it should be

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
its in 4th not 6th when it tops out, 1st 2nd and 3rd i change when the light flickers to then in 4th the revs rise slowly even with the throttle wide open full it does not reach the rev range for the light to flicker again to change to 5th. seems to hit a brick wall of now more pull on exactly 120 mph each 1mph gain after that is alot slower than it should be
You'll find your bike makes it peak power around 13k-13.5k RPM so anything after that is not very much of a change, your change light is set too high in my opinion, it is possible to change it and tells you how in the owners manual.

1 - 20 of 215 Posts