Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt get much luck with my post, guess no one still have their 6r's in east england, but wanted to know what sort of performance do you lot get out of yours? Thats top end like, roads are not great here, but for older bike, think mine aint too far out, but wanted to compare with others.

·
Registered
14,016 Posts
Didnt get much luck with my post, guess no one still have their 6r's in east england, but wanted to know what sort of performance do you lot get out of yours? Thats top end like, roads are not great here, but for older bike, think mine aint too far out, but wanted to compare with others.
I’d expect that RiversZZR would be one of the most knowledgeable people in regard to what the top speed of your bike could be, and what it’s likely to actually be approaching 30 years after it was built.

if I had to guess, probably mid 130 mph...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d expect that RiversZZR would be one of the most knowledgeable people in regard to what the top speed of your bike could be, and what it’s likely to actually be approaching 30 years after it was built.

if I had to guess, probably mid 130 mph...
Nice one, i'll look him up. Thanks

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,797 Posts
I've hit 161. Speedo corrected and recorded with a speedohealer. Stock sprocket teeth. Few mods. CAI, full arata exhaust (no midpipe). Bazzaz running their enhanced map that ships with the bike. Can-do attitude.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've hit 161. Speedo corrected and recorded with a speedohealer. Stock sprocket teeth. Few mods. CAI, full arata exhaust (no midpipe). Bazzaz running their enhanced map that ships with the bike. Can-do attitude.
Sounds sweet, you know what hp its pumping out,

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
We are talking about a J2-J7 model????

158mph was cycle worlds measured top speed test on a J2 back when they were new.........

Personally I never saw more than 160 actual until my bike had about 50,000 miles on it, and since I have seen upper 160's real speed (not speedo error speed) more than a few times (my bike also has some performance improvements of about 10hp over a stock one, so it is faster than a stock one)

if you could get a draft and hold it pinned long enough, I am sure 160's are attainable.(on a stock or slip on/jetted J model)............ but unless done in a controlled roadcourse, why would you want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: PhotoAl

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are talking about a J2-J7 model????

158mph was cycle worlds measured top speed test on a J2 back when they were new.........

Personally I never saw more than 160 actual until my bike had about 50,000 miles on it, and since I have seen upper 160's real speed (not speedo error speed) more than a few times (my bike also has some performance improvements of about 10hp over a stock one, so it is faster than a stock one)

if you could get a draft and hold it pinned long enough, I am sure 160's are attainable.(on a stock or slip on/jetted J model)............ but unless done in a controlled roadcourse, why would you want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah mine is a J1, am currently doing her up, a little bit ugly!! Fairing snapped in places,, so brought another full fairing kit. But shes looked after mechanical wise. And now getting to 50'000 miles. Think its on about 48'500. The bloke i brought it from said he had it tested, and did give me the print out, from test, was pushing 101hp, not to say it was even from this bike though!! I'll put up some pic's soon.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Doing these speeds on a public road is stupidity.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doing these speeds on a public road is stupidity.
Haha! Yeah i know. Like a police man once said. The law is black and white, doing 1 mph over the limit is illegal, anything more than that is still illegal, you cant get anymore illegal, than, illegal.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Note I said nothing about legalities.

Reactions: riverszzr

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Haha! Yeah i know. Like a police man once said. The law is black and white, doing 1 mph over the limit is illegal, anything more than that is still illegal, you cant get anymore illegal, than, illegal.
That is bad, incomplete, misguided and possibly incorrect information right there........

upto 10 over is a petty misdemeanor here locally (doesn't even show up on your driving record)

10-29 over is a misdememanor (definitely on your driving record and will cost one atleast $150 but up to $1000)

and if you exceed 100 mph it is a felony (you will go to a jail cell pending a trial, you will see a judge, your vehicle will be impounded and if you add in atty costs -because you would be a fucking idiot not to have an atty at this point- you will spend no less than $5000 and time served , but could easily sit in a jail cell for more than a year and lose your driving priviledges even longer)

So while yes all are "just" illegal acts, you can certainly have something way more illegal than something else......

shoplifting is illegal, murder is more illegal!

Reactions: Sanctuary
1 - 12 of 12 Posts