Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am a street rider but I bought a 2019 ninja400, great little bike but after three months I was bored with it, sold it and bought a 2019 zx6r. Try your zx6r in low power mode for a while while you get comfortable with it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It wasn't the power..and I had it in low mode. It was the weight. Siphoned out 2 gallons of gas and it feels better..with a 4.5 gal tank on top thats 28 lbs up there. I think by the time I'm down stripping it down it will be fine.. it was like when I went from my little jeep cherokee to my truck. took a while to get used to that. I did own a 79 750 SS..that was heavy at 503 dry..after riding a 67 YDS3 which was 340 lbs..got used to that after a while and it was a great bike..miss that one but couldn't chase down my friends RZ350"s .

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you are wanting a lighter bike, you will likely love the ninja400 and from what I read it's an awesome track bike with a few mods 👍

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I was going to rent one at the track for 2 days..changed my mind and used the money to buy an armour body fairing. By the time I'm done the ZX will weigh as much as a 400.

·
Director of Moderation
10,140 Posts
I was going to rent one at the track for 2 days..changed my mind and used the money to buy an armour body fairing. By the time I'm done the ZX will weigh as much as a 400.
You'll never get your zx6r to weigh as much as a 400 lol My ZX6 in race trim was about 365 lbs. My 400 is 312 lbs and I haven't done anything crazy to it. Others have gotten theirs below 300 lbs.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I meant the 400 in stock weight..Im fine with 365..yes I can see the 400 can be really light.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts