Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, who here is a member of a bike club? (Yes, excluding zx6r.com for all the smart a$$e$ lol)

Kicking around the idea of joining a bike club.:O

·
Registered
569 Posts
Make sure you check into the prospect time 1st and what type of things u will have to do during that time. Might be a deal breaker for u.

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
There is a difference between "bike club" and "Riding group"

I am the founder and organizer of Central Coast Street Bikers. We're a riding group. We don't have patches, stickers, jackets, etc... there's no "president" or any of that.

We do group rides, riding clinics, toy drives, track days, group meet and greets. We have over 160 members along the central coast.

Most "Bike Clubs" have those other things. They also in most cases have "by laws" that you must abide by. Like wearing your "colors" or making it a must that you represent the club with a sticker on your bike or something.

Some are great! Some not so great.

Personally.. I'd look into what they do as a club. Are they doing anything to advocate safe sport biking? Doing anything for the community? Or are they all no gear wearing showoffs? Just some red flags I'd look out for.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make sure you check into the prospect time 1st and what type of things u will have to do during that time. Might be a deal breaker for u.
great advise... lol... reminds me of pledging... lol

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Even riding a sport oriented machine out in motorcycle hell (where there's nothing but harley's) I've been approached to join a gang or club. I'll ride with anyone who's cool on a scooter to a big twin (I've rode with some of them) but I ain't reppin' anyone else's colors.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up PG... Yeah, I'd hate to find myself riding with the wrong pack. I have a major issue with non-gear wearing bikers. I do like the idea of riding with a purpose, like toy runs, and fund rides.

I don't know that I've looked into riding groups...

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I'm in a MC. I joined because I didn't want to pledge a frat but wanted to do something. We aren't the idiots that fly colors and act like assholes on the highway. We do charity events, hold bike related events, and ride together. It's really like a brotherhood.

My advice is to hang with people from several different clubs you are potentially interested in before committing to the prospecting period. Talk to them about what they do besides ride. Go on a ride with them too to see if they ride like fools or not. See what they expect from members.

Beware of the actual gangs...those are the fools that actually commit crimes. Some 1% clubs are known for this (note some, not all).

All in all I like it...like it enough that pledging a grad chapter doesn't seem far fetch for me anymore :) The brotherhood is great.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Everyone pay close fuckin attention ! (excuse my language...please)

there is not enough info. In this question for anyone to give a proper response ...

There are only two genre's of bike clubs ?

Each completely different than the other with they exception of they all have motorcycles...

So which "genre" are we talkin ?

Hint: Google 1%er's

my best guess is you will not fall into this percentage though unless you are like me and not scared to go prison (again)...
Nothin to be proud of.... Just know the rules of the game if your gonna be a 1%er baby !

.....and your loved ones pay with you :(

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, so that sticker thing is an issue for me as well... I'm putting some blood sweat and tears into my bike... adding a sticker just to rep a club or crew would be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in a MC. I joined because I didn't want to pledge a frat but wanted to do something. We aren't the idiots that fly colors and act like assholes on the highway. We do charity events, hold bike related events, and ride together. It's really like a brotherhood.

My advice is to hang with people from several different clubs you are potentially interested in before committing to the prospecting period. Talk to them about what they do besides ride. Go on a ride with them too to see if they ride like fools or not. See what they expect from members.

Beware of the actual gangs...those are the fools that actually commit crimes. Some 1% clubs are known for this (note some, not all).

All in all I like it...like it enough that pledging a grad chapter doesn't seem far fetch for me anymore :) The brotherhood is great.
Ok, I can do that... (and I feel you on the grad chapter pledging... that's soon to be me as well)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everyone pay close fuckin attention ! (excuse my language...please)

there is not enough info. In this question for anyone to give a proper response ...
Thug I think you need a hug bro... lol

I'm happy to say I made it clear of all the drama & crime of growing up on the west side of Chicago by K-town and Garfield Park. Dealing with my family and friends that lived in Cabrini-Green's before they drop'd that place (google that). I have no desire to join anything that even remotely reminds me of that... lol... but thanks for the strole down memory lane...

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
thug i think you need a hug bro... Lol

i'm happy to say i made it clear of all the drama & crime of growing up on the west side of chicago by k-town and garfield park. Dealing with my family and friends that lived in cabrini-green's before they drop'd that place (google that). I have no desire to join anything that even remotely reminds me of that... Lol... But thanks for the strole down memory lane...
the game is dead .... Spread the word to these wannabe youngsters, they deserve to know :)

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
join The Warlocks. they're a 1%er gang. and those assholes chased me :(

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol... yeah, not looking to join a gang, thanks. really not interested.

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
literally just for the hell of it. the story is in some random thread around here. but it was for no reason. they saw a sportbike rider and decided to be dicks

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
i agree with okayh and powergroove there are clubs and clubs .....you find the right one you want to be in it must be a great social scene ....for me ive just got a good bunch of mates which we go out for a good 150 to 200 mile ride virtually every sunday during the summer and when the weather is good....every one takes there turn of leading each week and what route they are going to take and where we will end up so every week is different ....if someone has a problem with there bike we all help out getting the parts or fixing it for the weekend ......summer is a great time

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mark that's what I remember when I use to live in Phoenix. It was slightly different then though... lol... I was part of a gang per say (lol) I was in the Air Force, so we would all ride together on the weekends. Go ripping thru the back roads to Prescot, AZ. to enjoy the view and the twisties. I've discovered Texas is 90% flat and straight, hello boredom.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts