Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i found this 07 zx6r and it will be turned into a track bike. good thing about the bike..good price.. bad thing the dude sounds like a chach. he has loan on the bike and decided not to pay it off. asked him if he has stock exhaust told me nah man you dont want that. he "built" a straight pipe and its "loud as f". so if i were to purchase this bike will there be any legal issues? thanks

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
so i found this 07 zx6r and it will be turned into a track bike. good thing about the bike..good price.. bad thing the dude sounds like a chach. he has loan on the bike and decided not to pay it off. asked him if he has stock exhaust told me nah man you dont want that. he "built" a straight pipe and its "loud as f". so if i were to purchase this bike will there be any legal issues? thanks
No title = no bike.

If he has a loan for it, the bike is not his, it's the loan companies. He cannot LEGALLY sell you that bike. It's probably at some point going to be up for reposession. ALSO, it is a possibility that this bike is stolen, especially if he's telling you that you can only use it for track use and he's very vague about the whole loan story.

You will never be able to register it, which means eventually it will be reported stolen either by him or his loan company if that story is even true.

Now even though its a track bike and you probably wont even have a plate on it, do you want that trouble? Cause that's probably what he's doing. Selling it to you as a track bike, probably claiming it as stolen with insurance.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
I know u said turn into track, but it's still bank's bike. IF you buy it from him, and he files it as stolen and it's traced to you, sorry buddy.... you're SOL. And if you decide to grind down VIN, from what I've heard, you're also SOL for possession of vehicle with altered ID.

If it was me, I'd stay away from it unless like said above, get the title somehow.

** RedandBlack beat me to it :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
Crazy. I just got mine for $3000. Track ready. Only bad is I'm missing a tach and muffler. Owner also made a straight pipe.

·
Registered
89 Posts
damn it im jealous :(

Sorry to hijack op. But yeah it's a good deal. Bike runs mint and got the ownership.

I'd stay away from that bike. Seller seems shady. BUT my old cbr track bike had no ownership, just a bill of sale. I sold it no problems.

Check wera classified. I always see track bikes pop up there

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Not mine broski. Just picked it up, so it was the previous owner.
Get your suspension adjusted. I go to the track all the time. See plenty of bikes and plenty of torn up tires from the track. I have never seen one with that pattern of wear. That's crazy looking.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Get your suspension adjusted. I go to the track all the time. See plenty of bikes and plenty of torn up tires from the track. I have never seen one with that pattern of wear. That's crazy looking.

Thanks for looking out. I'm get a basic suspension tuned for my weight(I think sag and pre load). Are the tires still good to go?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts