Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my new[mayb 500miles] pilot power ct2 190 rear has had a slow leak n i just found a beauty of a nail lodged in the side.. of course it couldnt have been the front tire thats on recalll!

butt anyway how do we feel about plugs? there's the inside more costly type or the outside do it yourself kind or just dish out the $180us dollars i dont have..

opinions, preferences, exsperiences welcome.. thanks
chadmanbrown

n wish me luck in court Monday

·
Registered
604 Posts
replace the tire......that would be my recommendation......

·
Registered
170 Posts
Personally I would get a new tire...but from experience, the inside plug works perfectly. No leak and you can squeeze the rest of the miles out of your tire without a blow.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
get the plug, dude at work had 3 plugs in the rear tyre in his 07 gixer 1000

·
Registered
900 Posts
Depends where on the tyre the nail is, you can plug the middle but its more dangerous nearer the edge, most reputable dealers won't repair an edge nail.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks4 the comments fellas.. yea and im going2 court 4some bs mod tickets and didnt hav a license at the time XD

·
Registered
25 Posts
I plug it (as long as it's not too near the side wall) and forget about it..I hate buying new things for nothing..the roads are so fkked it doesn't really matter. so don't even think about it, it will ruin your concentration..:devious

·
Registered
900 Posts
I had a front tyre go rapidly on a bike 25 years ago, just as I was tipping into a bend, no control what-so-ever, went across the otherside of the road, missed a bus by inches and locked up the back just before I hit the kerb, so the only damage was the tyre thankfully (and underwear).
I don't care how new a tyre is if its f*^ked, I ain't repairing it, my life's too precious to throw it away for £90.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If it's anywhere near the side wall forget it. Too much of a risk in my opinion. But if it's in the meat of the tread than yeah you should be fine, but it's always a gamble. Make sure to get a profesional plug though, not the sticky-snake kind, as those are made for car tires. Any motorcycle shop can do it. Usually about $50-60 bucks. They take off you tire and patch it from the inside.

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts