Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14,692 Posts
Curious on where on the West coast you were and where in TX you are now.... having lived in San Diego, San Francisco/bay area, the environs of both Portland and Seattle, 'extreme weather' in TX is sort of a conundrum to me. Relative to where?

Day to night transitions in San Diego were the most brutal I've dealt with because of the high desert to the east funneling all the cold air downhill to the ocean. Particularly in the winter. Low humidity, nothing to hold the heat, it just radiated away to space as soon as the sun went down.

Anywhere there's a large body of water nearby (Puget Sound, or SF bay), the day/night temps tended to stay within a smaller range of values. Most often within ~ 20 F of each other. Wasn't necessarily very warm, but it didn't get ridiculously cold, either.

Here in VA, I routinely see much closer to 30F swings in day to night temps, and the 'sweep' occurs over a wider base point over the course of a year.... the lowest numbers I've seen have been single digit and the highest in the low triple digit range.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts