Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
10 mm wider is all your gonna get without damaging the tire. I'm 10mm wider than stock on my tire and it works great.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Would it give me a different feel or would I not feel so much of a difference.
Wont feel a thing unless you try adding to much tire to that rim. If you do that, you'll feel a ton of friction/rubbing, and then you'll feel broken bones and a triple tree smashing your teeth.

edit: I'm not kidding, you take a corner on shoes to big and you will ruin the tire and/or smack the ground. Stick with 10 up if you want something bigger, but make sure you have enough clearance.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Just imagine if you'd go anything bigger than a 190. Under acceleration, hitting a bump, the tire get flattened out and rubbing against parts...

Also, a 190 will feel more lazy at turn in. You might have a bit more sidewall to lean on but your 190 squeezed onto a 180 rim will never look as wide as on a liter bike.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Just imagine if you'd go anything bigger than a 190. Under acceleration, hitting a bump, the tire get flattened out and rubbing against parts...

Also, a 190 will feel more lazy at turn in. You might have a bit more sidewall to lean on but your 190 squeezed onto a 180 rim will never look as wide as on a liter bike.
My bike hasn't felt "lazy" with a 10mm wider tire.. but it is only 170 (from 160) ...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Stick with stock sizes, you'll appreciate it later.

If you must change, refer to what the rest have said.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Why go bigger? You want to add weight, expense, and a higher price to an expendable wear part for pretty much no benefit, even aesthetically? If you want to waste money, by all means, let me supply you with my paypal account so you can send some my way. :lol:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Why go bigger? You want to add weight, expense, and a higher price to an expendable wear part for pretty much no benefit, even aesthetically? If you want to waste money, by all means, let me supply you with my paypal account so you can send some my way. :lol:
Only reason I did it was due to it being a cheap set on ebay. Worked out great actually, the tires look/perform/feel great.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Only reason I did it was due to it being a cheap set on ebay. Worked out great actually, the tires look/perform/feel great.
You're entitled to your own opinion, however wrong it may be. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts