Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
10,125 Posts
JD's always finding these new tire mounting products out there. I gotta say. Props to all you guys that do that by hand. I had a HF changer like everyone else starting off. Scratched up a lot of rims and busted a few knuckles in the process, sweating like a whore in church while doing so. After all that crap...once I got a pneumatic changer, there's no going back. If I didn't have my Derek Weaver, I'd just pay the trackside vendor $20 to change/flip them. Fuck all that nonsense. :)

You don't need a super big air compressor to run it, and it's a 115v plug. If you have ~3.5x3.5 square feet of available garage space to dedicate, dude it's worth it all day long.
Yep, which is exactly why I just pay the trackside tire guys to do it. And most times it's free anyway because I buy my tires from them anyway, and you get free mounting then. I pretty much only pay if I need a rear flipped. I have yet to pay anything this year for mounting tires and I've had 2 fronts and about 4 rears mounted so far. Quick and easy, and doesn't take any energy or floor space.

Reactions: Strider

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
JD's always finding these new tire mounting products out there. I gotta say. Props to all you guys that do that by hand. I had a HF changer like everyone else starting off. Scratched up a lot of rims and busted a few knuckles in the process, sweating like a whore in church while doing so. After all that crap...once I got a pneumatic changer, there's no going back. If I didn't have my Derek Weaver, I'd just pay the trackside vendor $20 to change/flip them. Fuck all that nonsense. :)

You don't need a super big air compressor to run it, and it's a 115v plug. If you have ~3.5x3.5 square feet of available garage space to dedicate, dude it's worth it all day long.
I'll get one once I purchase a home. I currently rent a duplex and the neighbors complain whenever they hear any power tool, air compressor or turn on my bike. They are unreasonable.

·
Director of Moderation
10,125 Posts
I'll get one once I purchase a home. I currently rent a duplex and the neighbors complain whenever they hear any power tool, air compressor or turn on my bike. They are unreasonable.
Sounds like some really shitty neighbors.

Reactions: jd41

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
While I have a pnuematic changer, I only use it for touring and cruiser tires..... All the sportbikes and sport touring bikes I can do faster with some tire irons and a barrel and it is actually quite simple

and I do not scratch wheels............. So you guys scratching up wheels are clearly doing it wrong!

And I agree, JD's neighbors sound like whiny assholes.......... And while I don't appreciate my noisy fucktard nieghbors letting their loud ass truck idle for an hour or more most every morning in the early am before they finally drive off for work and feel WOT is necessary the 75' to the intersection then again the 200' from that intersection to the next, then away from that intersection up to the kwik trip 1/4 mile away where I can still hear it, and about 10-20 minutes later it finally drives off loud as fuck and finally after about 90 minutes of hearing the pile o shit mufflerless craptastic shitbox, it is quiet in the neighborhood again.......... But I am not going over there and causing problems for the dickhead, although once I did ask him; Are you ever going to buy mufflers, I have no doubt the entire neighborhood would appreciate it?!

he didn't answer

Reactions: Strider and jd41

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Maybe they both popped at the same time?

I'm buying this. Tire irons keep scratching my rims too much and I need to swap out my zx10r tires as well.
That's why I use a Mojolever: The Mojolever

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
All the sportbikes and sport touring bikes I can do faster with some tire irons and a barrel and it is actually quite simple

and I do not scratch wheels............. So you guys scratching up wheels are clearly doing it wrong!
Interesting. How do you do it correctly with tire irons and not scratch painted rims? I guess you are using some sort of a plastic guard between the rim and the tire iron?

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
I switched out my valves some angled Ariete valves and the valve cores would not allow air in easily. I switched them out for some USA Schrader valves and they are way better quality and have proper function.

Here's the comparison:

Additionally ordered a motion pro digital tire gauge. I've already bought 2 mini digital tire gauges that kept breaking and was deciding between a generic amazon gauge or Motion Pro's. Buy once cry once.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Interesting. How do you do it correctly with tire irons and not scratch painted rims? I guess you are using some sort of a plastic guard between the rim and the tire iron?
Exactly, they make the rim guards out of plastic and vinyl......3 of those cover enough of the rim to only need to use the tire irons in those locations, no metal to metal contact ever

Reactions: Strider and jd41

·
Registered
51 Posts
Check out the max2h tire changer. Have been considering it for my trackday/race weekends. Currently I have my tire vendor at every event I go to, but I would like to flip and mount them myself at home and its not a huge investment.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Check out the max2h tire changer. Have been considering it for my trackday/race weekends. Currently I have my tire vendor at every event I go to, but I would like to flip and mount them myself at home and its not a huge investment.
I'll post a review once It arrives.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Good thing I change my own tires. No suspension or tire service for this track day. We were also advised to keep our masks on all day. Local resident Karens are trying to take photos of anyone not wearing one to submit to the homeowners coalition. Lol. Losers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good thing I change my own tires. No suspension or tire service for this track day. We were also advised to keep our masks on all day. Local resident Karens are trying to take photos of anyone not wearing one to submit to the homeowners coalition. Lol. Losers.
What a bunch of no lifes... some people can't stand to watch others enjoy their lives.

·
Registered
643 Posts
The thought process of breaking your own advocation to "stay at home, save lives!" in order to partake in the Karen Police Force to take pics of people without masks on is quite possibly the stupidest shit I've read in a long time... LOL

81 - 95 of 95 Posts