Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Tips for riding with a passenger?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Number81 
#1 ·
I have the 2014 ABS ZX-6R 636. I noticed that there is a lot of room between me and my passenger. Like i am sitting on the main seat and i could fit another half of me on it. That creates a gap between me and my pillion and it feels a bit awkward. Also it makes braking and slow speed stuff a bit more iffy since i have more pressure from the passenger on my knees and arms sometimes. Anything i could do about it?

#2 ·
This might help...or something like it.

#3 ·
^Those are... or atleast can be very hard on your fuel tank......... I have seen no less than 4 motorcycles come through the shop where the tank was badly deformed from the passengers body weight during stops on that grab bar actually buckling the metal tank top

The best advice for riding with a passenger routinely............ BUY a Motorcycle designed with a passenger in mind!!!
sport touring bikes, cruisers and touring bikes and even most standards are far superior choices for routine passenger duty!

Supersports are not designed for a passenger at all...........!

You want rear grab bars for them, you want the footpegs in better ergonomical positions, and most certainly you want something behind them so they feel secure

B8ut if you are going to ride with a passenger on a supersport, passenger riding etiquetter training is paramount and then it is just practice practice practice........ Some people just suck as passengers and others take to it really well

Reactions: RJ2112 and Newyork
#4 ·
Are you by chance referring to 2-up track riding or just simple round-town riding?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.