Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Good man!! Happy New Bike!
And in a great colour too. My favourite for that model year. Had an '06 in Titanium Silver too and loved it. Loved the lightness and top end airbox howl ...Had zero issues with that bike.
Traded it for a '15 plate a few years back. Anyway enough about that...Any mods for the bike planned?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
...Any mods for the bike planned?
To be honest, I’m not sure what I could do to the bike to improve it for my riding. After I had my ride out yesterday, I popped into the place where I did my refresher course. They have an accessories shop there too. I spent a couple of hundred quid in there buying a few knick-knacks like better gloves, a charger and some other maintenance stuff.

It already has Bobbins, so I reckon a Paddock stand is the next thing to get.

I really should look into getting some textile trousers with armour. I did buy some second hand leather trousers from e-Bay last week. They are really well made, but I need some braces to help hold them up.

Pip

·
Registered
152 Posts
Fair play...all sensible and necessary purchases
Any desirable albeit unnecessary parts you'd like to install...Exhaust, levers, carbon trinkets etc etc...? Clear indicators are a cheap simple change that really clean up the looks.
Here's a couple of pics of my old bike (sorry to hijack your thread lol)
Either way congrats on your purchase and keep us updated on how you get along with ZX-6R ownership.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Fair play...all sensible and necessary purchases
Any desirable albeit unnecessary parts you'd like to install...Exhaust, levers, carbon trinkets etc etc...? Clear indicators are a cheap simple change that really clean up the looks.
Here's a couple of pics of my old bike (sorry to hijack your thread lol)
Either way congrats on your purchase and keep us updated on how you get along with ZX-6R ownership.
Those indicators do look cool :cool:.

A little update; the weather her in Blighty has been horrendous over the weekend, with many people up and down the country misplaced by the flooding. Anyway, not too bad here in West Berkshire, and I manged to get out this morning…… before the rain stated again :rolleyes:.

I went quite a bit further out today taking in some country roads that I know well, and back home along a major Trunk road. I am astonished at the mid power-band torque of this bike. Even in 6th, it has staggering usable acceleration. I’m becoming more confident now, but there are areas where I can see that I need to improve – it’s an advantage to me that I can recognise where I could do better.

Stopped off for a couple of pictures:

My driveway….. only joking;); it’s a very smart farm and stables about 4 miles from my place. While I was there taking the pictures, a very posh lady jumped into her 4x4 (just visible in the middle distance) and came blasting up the drive. I thought I was in for a bit of grief:eek:, but she politely asked if I was in need of some help – bless her.

ZX6R 180220 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

ZX6R 180220_4 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

ZX6R 180220_8 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

All set for the rest of the ride…… I do wear gloves by the way, I took them off to do the timer on my little camera:

ZX6R 180220_10 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

21 - 26 of 26 Posts