Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kawasaki zx6r 636, cold start ticking engine noise for a little bit, after engine gets warmer the sound goes away. Any ideas or that is normal?

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Miles/KM's?

Which year?

have you listened and pinpointed a location?

but no, it obviously is not normal

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
These motors tick. It could be the cam chain, it could be the injectors. Have you checked your oil level? My 636 is noisy till it has warmed up.

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
These motors tick. It could be the cam chain, it could be the injectors. Have you checked your oil level? My 636 is noisy till it has warmed up.
Same here. My 06 ticks pretty loudly on a cold start til it warms up. Even after warm up its still pretty noticeable. Good thing I have my M4 exhaust to drown out the ticking noise haha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, when it warms up the sound goes away. Only on cold start. Some ppl says that is normal

·
Registered
45 Posts
both the 06 and 20 do that. It was cam chain tensioner on both, as it gets looser (before the next “click” setting) it’ll sound more rattle-y and then it’ll suddenly go very smooth (once it clicks).
Without much more to go on, it’s hard to say. But if it is the CCT, it’ll cycle through this every 3-6k miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts