Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
:laugh I'm pretty sure he's like in his 30s. He's one of Trackday Junkies's biggest trolls, but in a really hilarious way lol
You would be correct :lol:

Troll is the wrong term. Honestly I hardly ever troll anyone. The last few times was fucking with the technical Nazi's that flip shit over "leader bike" and feel the need to correct them. That's trolling. 95% of the shit I post on FB are my actual thoughts...making memes about the shit you see in the paddock is just all in good fun. :)

But like my previous post, ask stupid questions, get stupid answers. You just won't see me giving too much heart felt advice on there because society has morphed into this instant gratification society where they can't be bothered to Google basic shit like oil capacity of their bikes, or can't resist beating the "how's my tire wear or BP" dead horse posts. I always help out people (if I can) that have made an obvious attempt to figure out their own problem first.

·
Director of Moderation
9,575 Posts
I'm not a fast racer, but I race with fast people. I am a solid mid pack club level expert, which to be honest, isn't all that difficult to achieve, especially since I can do it. Myself, like most any other racer, have been guilty on many occasions on blaming the bike setup for whatever it's doing wrong and why I can't go faster on it. In the last couple of years, I've had some truly fast people ride my endurance bike. And those mother fuckers get on that damn thing and click off laps 3+ seconds a lap faster than I can. Some of them never rode a 09-12 platform before that day. So how do you explain that? I want to blame the motor for getting tired and lacking that last bit of "umph" that a fresher motor would have. Then they go 3 seconds faster. They put 10 laps on a bike they've never ridden, and on lap 11, have gone faster on it than I ever have. Fuck me, right?!
This basically sums up my track day/racing life for the last several years lol

I pretty much got my GPX Pro data logger mainly so I can have faster guys ride my bike and see what the hell it is that they're doing that I'm not (although fundamentally I already know the answer to that...more gas, less brakes) lol

·
Registered
162 Posts
Need some more info on thumb brakes. On many occasions I've had to pull over due to right hip flexor cramps when riding. It happens mostly when applying pressure to the plantar area, not on the ball.

I occasionally want to use the rear brake but don't due to this so I'm considering a thumb brake.

Anyone know if they outright replace the rear MC or work in conjunction with it?

Here are the units I'm looking at, both around 300$

Discacciati

Accossato

https://www.self.com/gallery/hip-stretches-your-body-really-needs-slideshow

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/limber-11-the-only-lower-body-warm-up-youll-ever-need.html

Fix body first

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I had some doubts with this brake but I'm getting around to adjusting it. I thought I wasn't going to use it but I am. I've been getting some knee issues with an osteochondroma that I have but now, thanks to this, I'm good to go!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts