Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want like a 1/5 throttle insert for the 06 zx6r, I know rifleman makes them for the TL and I'm thinking he makes them the zx6, andyone know anything about them?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I want like a 1/5 throttle insert for the 06 zx6r, I know rifleman makes them for the TL and I'm thinking he makes them the zx6, andyone know anything about them?
Glue on a fat Zip Tie around the throttle cam, 25cents easy. Works great on my bikes.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much was it and how hard was the install?

·
Registered
964 Posts
I know riflemans production was down because his lathe broke.. not sure if he got another one yet or not... Id Pm him over on the TL board.. I asked him to post up here awhile back.. but he has not yet..:thumbup

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Ive always been told "there are no stupid questions."
but...
I think Im about to ask one, no, maybe two.

What exactly is a "throttle insert" and why "insert" one?

(wont that hurt?:eek)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I'm not so sure I understand what your talking about with the zip tie thing. Pics would probably help me out though.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ive always been told "there are no stupid questions."
but...
I think Im about to ask one, no, maybe two.

What exactly is a "throttle insert" and why "insert" one?

(wont that hurt?:eek)
+1 I think it opens up the throttle quicker(less twisting)?? But I'd like to know how its done also:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The throttle insert gives you less pull to wide open throttle. Most people that I know that has done this mod have TLR's, that's how I know about them. It just shortens the pull or twist of the throttle so you can open it to wide open faster and not get as much arm pump when riding hard. A lot of stunters and racers install them on their bikes.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, so what's your opinion on it? Did it help the bike out much at all?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do that Mod and go with a 45Tooth rear sprocket and you slingshot out of the apex with your right arm in the correct position.
Take your throttle apart and you'll figure it out.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
The mod wasn't hard, it works great I love it and I will always get it on all my bikes to come. I did it with help from a friend it wasn't hard, if u got the tools it can be done with in 20 mins. It shortens the pull on the bike so u can run thur gears like butter, I am looking forward to getting the chain and 45 tooth

·
Registered
389 Posts
The mod wasn't hard, it works great I love it and I will always get it on all my bikes to come. I did it with help from a friend it wasn't hard, if u got the tools it can be done with in 20 mins. It shortens the pull on the bike so u can run thur gears like butter, I am looking forward to getting the chain and 45 tooth
Write up?:O

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.