Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So... Just wanted a thread if my own to ramble on. Anyones welcome to chime in, shit talk, tell me im sexy, whatever.

Stunt bike (f4i) is almost good to go again, another hour of wrench time and i should be a-ok. Zx6r had a boo boo due to minor lowspeed (10mph) lowside in unseen gravel on tail section (4in crack and scuff) so im in the process of figuring out best (cheapest) way to sand down repair and repaint. Might use this opportunity to get a small slightly custom paint job on tail (like red/silver camo or something). BTW, the shogun frame slider on had on that side has a bent bolt now, but frame is fine, just need new slider in now. frame and spool sliders on left side are all chewed up (pic soon to come) BUT THEY DID THEYRE JOB and saved MOST of my plastics. im fine, little road rash on knee (even with S&S brand ridin jeans on).

My zx6r's front brake reservoir keeps draining way too quickly... I'll fill it and it get down to 1/4 the reservoir in a short period of time. Didnt see any leaks when i looked. Weird.

I just discovered there are about 12 to 20 fairing screws missing in various places across the ZX6r that either falling out or were never there (the little screws holding fairings as well as other plastics together, those types). Good thing I have one of those nut and bolt kit's where I can hopefully fill some of those holes. Anyone ever discover holes where screws rattled off?

Might have some time to hit a track day in mid June. That'd be exciting... although im considering just buying a track-dedicated bike instead.

I love the stock silver/red limited color scheme BUT i like the bikes that look like track bikes... the ones that are decked out in graphics and visual eye candy. yes, i said it.

The arguing on this forum amazes me... i love it. well, let me re-say that. the DEBATING on this forum amazes me, some of the arguing is pointless and simply who can get the last word in... but i def love a good debate, especially between two people i would consider know at least a little about what the hell theyre talking about enough to intelligently oppinionate, even if theyre wrong or not as right as the other guy... thats when interesting points get made for consideration between both sides. I love Alex's posts for this reason... he gets it. : )

I MISS GROOMLAKE. period.

Think i'll be selling the stunt bike soon, and using that money for a Rhino or some kind of side-by-side atv... or maybe just throw it in savings and forget about it... or buy that track bike i was mentioning i want (that i probably wont be able to use much at ALL this year). Ugh, i need another conflict in the middle east to strike up so i have another opportunity to get back over there for some hostile fire pay... danger=$$$ If i get another overseas contract i'll even pay for a track day for 5 lucky people (to join me... CoTA would be cool...)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i feel like MoM now... is this what a blog is? lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
some of us might get sent to Ukraine. the military industrial complex is getting itchy to make some more money.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some of us might get sent to Ukraine. the military industrial complex is getting itchy to make some more money.
Interesting point.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bent bolt, from Shogun... im goin back to KR Tuned.

bent bolt.JPG

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so... got a track day (1st) next sunday... finally got a new shift that allows weekends off but i start late sunday night (bummers) BUT thats ok, im off 12s and on to straight-8s. dropped off my bike to the yami dealer for tire swap... yes i said the yami dealer and yes its for a tire swap, ON the bike... after this track day, assuming successful, i'll grow a pair and take my own damn tires off the bike to take em in for swapping. i've figured out how to mount REAR tire on my stunt bike, so i know the principle, but thats because its my stuntbike.... i dont really care about it.

other than that, got the gf livin with me now (accepting donations) and things are smooth... except for my mower crapping out on me.

Oh, got my friends Scotts stabilizer all mounted on, WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Congrats on getting closer to doing the track day!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks.... and btw, to explain the yami dealer thing, theyre closer (by only like a mile) but got me in there today and SHOULD have me done by COB or tomorrow AM, for $110 (because ON the bike) vs 5 days wait @ $124 at kawi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts