Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i got an 07 ZX6R a few months ago, i was ridin' today and the damn rear brake pedal snapped, the damn thing just broke so its kinda hanging. I'll try to get a pic in a few minutes. I barely have 600 mi and the damn thing broke...can't believe this shhh....:banghead

I purchased it at OC Motorsports, should I take it back to them or should I go to the dealer? Anyone have good advice?

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
go wherever they will fix it under warranty...b/c that shouldnt happen.

wtf did u do to it? :lol:

·
Registered
654 Posts
No good mate! Were you stomping on it?? Anyways take it back to the dealer or even to where they service it, and make sure they do it under warrenty.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
So i got an 07 ZX6R about an hour ago i was ridin' and the damn rear brake pedal snapped, the damn thing just broke so its kinda hanging. I'll try to get a pic in a few minutes. I barely have 600 mi and the damn thing broke...can't believe this shhh....:banghead

I purchased it at OC Motorsports, should I take it back to them or should I go to the dealer? Anyone have good advice?
How in the world did you put barely 600 miles in about an hour?
That is some riding!
:rotfl
jk

That stinks.
Sorry for the hassle for ya.
Id go dealer/warrenty but Id sure let OC Motorsports know about it.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
just sounds like the 07 are just falling apart! I would take it back to where ya bought it from and tell em the peddle broke and ya almost took out a truck or something, make em feel bad

·
Registered
900 Posts
At the risk of sounding like an old bloke, 'They don't make them like they used to', no such probs on my 2000 model

·
Registered
348 Posts
With the ongoing effort to make bikes lighter and lighter this kinda stuff is bound to happen eventually.

Sure your 2000 had no such problems. It's also a tank compared to it's modern equivalents.

Chances are that the brake pedal is made of a lighter (and obviously weaker) material.

The more and more you people keep asking for a "race bike for the street" the more this kinda stuff is gonna happen.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Sure your 2000 had no such problems. It's also a tank compared to it's modern equivalents.
Damn you sir, I challenge you to a duel, how dare you sully the name of my fine steed by calling it a tank. Pistols at dawn, you insolent pup.:rant

1 - 13 of 13 Posts