Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost dropped the bike coincidentally parking at my gym lol. The extra strength and monthly $29.95 payed off what would have been a very costly fairing. The kickstand wasn't initiated all the way when I leaned the bike over.

https://vid.me/Qsb6 :lol:

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Glad you saved it.

Try that with a goldwing. OMG I pulled a muscle.
Wife surprised my during our Alaska cruise with a rented bike.
She got on the bike so we went. It was a first since we have been married, she don't do bikes.

So what kind of weights does one have to work up to for a goldwing.

·
Banned
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bruh! i just did the same shit outside of my apartment.

All i could think was thank god ive been hittin the gym lately.
Yep, fuckin hate squats but they've definitely helped me here lolol. :hail:

I put a lot of arm into it too so I'm hoping I didn't bend/damage the throttle handle in any way... any takes on this? :unhappy:

·
Banned
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you saved it.

Try that with a goldwing. OMG I pulled a muscle.

So what kind of weights does one have to work up to for a goldwing.
Yep. Say bye-bye to the Gold Wing when you're as low as I got my bike in my video.

:) and here's what kind of weight you need to be working up to:

·
Banned
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I park my bike near the front of the spot for similar reasons as you. I don't want someone cranking into what they think is an empty spot and risk hitting my bike. Also, I don't want to trick drivers into seeing an empty spot when no empty spot exists.

I don't park it in the center of the spot so that fellow bikers can:

a. Share my spot.
b. Share my spot without damaging my bike. The last thing I want is for some Harley dude to try to fit through a small spot if I'm parked in the center. Others say that they park in the center to discourage this, but I don't think it works that way.

jimundascores

·
Banned
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I park my bike near the front of the spot for similar reasons as you. I don't want someone cranking into what they think is an empty spot and risk hitting my bike. Also, I don't want to trick drivers into seeing an empty spot when no empty spot exists.

I don't park it in the center of the spot so that fellow bikers can:

a. Share my spot.
b. Share my spot without damaging my bike. The last thing I want is for some Harley dude to try to fit through a small spot if I'm parked in the center. Others say that they park in the center to discourage this, but I don't think it works that way.

jimundascores
Your theory is a bit contradicting and has more con's than pro's in my eyes. The last thing I want is some kid, old, or short person glancing short out of the window before getting out of their car, not seeing anything in sight, and opening their door all the way and hitting my bike. Have you ever thought of that? At least I have the bigger safe zone from their doors, and more vision from both of the cars beside me their window. You're more safe in the center.

Yes I may seem like a dick to another rider, but they probably will understand as they ride. Why seem like a dick to a cager? I see people park like this all the time, and not like yours. :tounge2:

Sorry

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I don't park it on the line. :) I park it with enough space so that a car door won't ding me but still allow room for another bike to park without blocking me in or potentially dinging my bike. When I see a bike parked in the center, I pull in anyway. I'm careful not to block anyone in or ding their bike (because I don't want to ding my bike).

I've seen plenty of parking spots where 3 or 4 bikes are parked with so little room to allow the first guy that parked leave for the day. Parking in the middle contributes to that situation.

jimundascores

·
Registered
46 Posts
I dropped by bike once and thought 'thank fuck I've not spent £30 a month on gym fees, now I can afford to fix my bike'

·
Registered
39 Posts
ive had that happen like 3 times already but managed to save it also.. :) but about 3 weeks ago i slipped while moving the bike and dropped it... frame sliders saved my bike and not even a scratch....

·
Super Moderator
12,831 Posts
Why you park backwards?

Might want to divert some of that gym time to be "kickstand operation training" time...

Ey3

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't park it on the line. :) I park it with enough space so that a car door won't ding me but still allow room for another bike to park without blocking me in or potentially dinging my bike. When I see a bike parked in the center, I pull in anyway. I'm careful not to block anyone in or ding their bike (because I don't want to ding my bike).

I've seen plenty of parking spots where 3 or 4 bikes are parked with so little room to allow the first guy that parked leave for the day. Parking in the middle contributes to that situation.

jimundascores
Maybe it's different down south, but here up north unless your bike is in the center, it's in the swing-zone for a car door. And here if people see that bit of extra space a bike provides, have no problem letting that big SUV door fly open.

Either way, unless it's expressly expected (like a bike show or someone I'm riding with), I'd never try and share a parking space with another bike already parked. Too much can go wrong from start to finish. I've walked out from a store to find a bike parked right up next to mine and it's a little unsettling. I don't necessarily mind, but I won't do it myself. I'll walk the extra distance.

·
Banned
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why you park backwards?

Might want to divert some of that gym time to be "kickstand operation training" time...
What's you're reasoning lol? Why don't I park backwards?

Also yep lol, I think I'm going to take some time off and focus on my kickstand deployment skills.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Good catch, every has a similar story I bet. I had to catch a rental street glide like that, the only reason I held it up was because the was just no other option lol.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Great save wish I was that lucky !! Kickstand wasn't all the way in place I start washing my bike and as I'm wiping tail section she started to go wasn't able to save but bike went down in slow motion cause I was trying my hardest to not let fall !!! Snapped my peg which Dave some of motion as well but damage very minimal u wouldn't even notice ! But good save on yours !!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts