Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Well if I were out and about open carrying, I wouldn't just say nothing, I'd just be real polite in saying how I could give a shit if I was "freaking people out". :)

I believe officers do have a cause for concern to ask an individual why he is carrying, but all the individual would need to say is "Because I would like to officer. Have a good day." and continue enjoying your walk on a beautiful summer day.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
The cop was cool and respectful, too bad the guy filming did not show the cop the same respect. I am all for open carry and concealed carry (I have my permit). If a cop wants to come up and have a peaceful conversation about it I don't see the problem. :O

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You want to high five him? I'd like to kick him in the dick. Let's all carry loaded weapons when we ride just to prove that we can. Then, when an officer tries to do his job, lets mock him and every concern that anyone may have had. Thumbs up, Lone Ranger. :thumbdown:
kick him in the dick for....exercising his rights? what if he was exercising his 1st amendment...would you wanna kick him in the nuts then too?

It is none of his concern if someone else is unconfortable with him legally carrying a gun. That's their problem.

And please try to refrain from pulling the "cops just gotta do their job" bullcrap. If the cop was just doing his"job" he would never have stopped and tried to talk to this guy in the first place. Merely carrying a holstered weapon is NOT reasonable suspicion to question or stop a citizen. So good job knowing your own argument. have a nice day!

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The cop was cool and respectful, too bad the guy filming did not show the cop the same respect. I am all for open carry and concealed carry (I have my permit). If a cop wants to come up and have a peaceful conversation about it I don't see the problem. :O
because cops WILL try to fish for information. They are not your pals, they are not your buddies. There are laws and rights in place, why not use them they way they are intended. Not saying a damn thing IS being perfectly polite. The gentleman said "hello" and " good bye". That is all that is necessary.

ever heard a cop say "anything you say can and WILL be used AGAINST you in a court of law"? Funny how they only mention that AFTER you are being arrested.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I find these to be important and they are the last flimsy protection I have against my extremely corrupt government.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

·
Super Moderator
12,479 Posts
Only words which should ever be said to a police are:
Am I being detained or am I free to go?

ey3

·
Registered
393 Posts
kick him in the dick for....exercising his rights? what if he was exercising his 1st amendment (Praying ...would you wanna kick him in the nuts then too?

It is none of his concern if someone else is unconfortable with him legally carrying a gun. That's their problem.

And please try to refrain from pulling the "cops just gotta do their job" bullcrap. If the cop was just doing his"job" he would never have stopped and tried to talk to this guy in the first place. Merely carrying a holstered weapon is NOT reasonable suspicion to question or stop a citizen. So good job knowing your own argument. have a nice day!
His first amendment right to pray? lol ...I see the connection. NOT! Thanks for wishing me a nice day (even though I don't think you meant it :)) What if that douche walked into a supermarket and shot a whole bunch of people after refusing to speak to the cop. Then we would be blaming the cop for not doing his job right?

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
His first amendment right to pray? lol ...I see the connection. NOT! Thanks for wishing me a nice day (even though I don't think you meant it :)) What if that douche walked into a supermarket and shot a whole bunch of people after refusing to speak to the cop. Then we would be blaming the cop for not doing his job right?
What if he walked into a supermarket and killed some lunatic that was about to shoot the place up?

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seriously though. How often do you hear about a citizen with a firearm saved the day? That only happens in movies, fella :)
you dont hear about it because a non shooting isnt news. I've seen it myself. and carrying has saved myself once too.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Seriously though. How often do you hear about a citizen with a firearm saved the day? That only happens in movies, fella :)
How many times do we see shootings when the places that the shooting happened in doesn't allow concealed carry :O

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 111 Posts