Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the 2007 and 2008 versions are therabouts the same apart from the stripes on the side i was wondering if anyone could give us there verdict. Is it as sweet as it looks??

Chris.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me about it. I only went because its a decent ride out but quickly found myself talking very seriously about it. They have offered a great deal on it aswell which doesnt help.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I was sat on it and making noises. I got a cracking deal sorted out which included them throwing in new matching leathers, But then I glanced out the window and looked at my old bike and I couldn't do it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have had my 07 ZX6R since December and covered just over 1000 miles. Awesome bike, easy to ride around town and goes like stink when you nail it. Always puts a smile on my face, which after all is the whole point.

Only slight problem is the front brakes tend to squeak at low speeds which is starting to hack me off. I did ask the dealer to look at this when it was in for the first service but they chose not to bother.

Not too keen on the stripes on the new green 08 model, you should get a black one.....everyone knows they are faster! :cool

Where in the UK are you from ninja chris?

·
Registered
157 Posts
go for it ........just go and get one zero% apr pay it off in two years ?....iam paying mine off over five dame it....but will i have it that long ummmmmmmmmmm...only the bike can tell me that one m8

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
saw the new yellow yesterday and not keen on it.. Nice bike but wrong color me thinks.. Its just too yellow for me

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
ive got the 07 one in green was going to get orange one but it was 500 pounds more at the time. not keen on black stripes on new green one but the blue looks awesome. at 0% finance over 3 years wot a deal

·
Registered
157 Posts
hi fritz....are you off mcn

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found an 07 in orange for £4650 with only 589 miles on the clock. Ever since they were launched and i saw one in orange i wanted one. Very impressed upto now, but trying to get the front suspension set up as i like it. Brakes are awsome. Getting a full Akro exhaust and power commander fitted next week, saves 6kg and gives 6 bhp more. you can get 07 orange models for £5500 brand new and still on zero finance if you shop around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, Try taking the leading edge of the pads with a little sand paper and a small smear of copper slip on the back of the brake pads. Works on my trackbikes. ****

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi, Try taking the leading edge of the pads with a little sand paper and a small smear of copper slip on the back of the brake pads. Works on my trackbikes. ****
Horsegun try blowing out the caliper area with an air line, if that doesnt work sand a small radius on the leading edge of the pads.
Cheers guys, I will try that.

Gets on my tits that you buy a new bike with your hard earned cash and when you report a fault (admittedly a small one) the dealership can’t be arsed to do even bother looking at it. I guess the answer is to keep accelerating until I cant hear the squeak anymore...... :cool

Have you got your bike yet Ninja Chris?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts