Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? Blue, Red, or ultrawhite? I am talking about behind the fairings and plastics for when I want to park and show my bike.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
check the laws in your state first. i know here in michigan it's illegal to have any neon lights goin on. least while you are riding

but yeah, do it. whatever color your bike is, get that color

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think that Red on your bike would look awesome!! I had red neon on my 650, and had it set up with a remote so that I could turn it on from wherever I was at. There was also a hidden switch so that I could do it while sitting on the bike.

I think in total it was about 17 led lights total on the bike

EDIT: Oh yeah, like Johnny Rocket said, it is illegal in most states, but oh well, it looks cool hahaha

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
on a black bike...hmm...i dunno about red. blue or white might look cool...white? interesting

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ultra white looks pretty pimp, It's only for when my bike is parked BTW.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
go green

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I put some white valve stem lights on my bike, it looks pretty sweet when its parked... 5.0 would hit me hard tho if I rode with em on

·
Registered
590 Posts
i would say green, you have a black bike so almost any colour would go, but i would have to say green is what i would do

·
2,762 Posts
^not much is legal in cali :laugh

but i dunno...now i'm wondering about TN. I already have blue neons on mine (thanks to the previous owner), but don't know if i should use them...hmm

·
Registered
48 Posts
white would be the best choice. i see what people are sayin with green reppin kawi love. do NOT do red. id like to see how it looks and how hard it is to install... you know the drill.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Personally I wouldn't add any neon, cold-cathode, or LED bling lighting. That kind of pimpin' just ain't for me! But hey if it floats your boat go for it. Just know that the LEOs are often drawn to extra red or blue lights like moths to a flame...
:O

·
Registered
13 Posts
any one knows if neons are legal in cali? i want to get the pig spotters 2 and they kind of have a neon light on them.
the pig spotters have leds and they are used for turn signals. i wouldnt use neon id go with leds. i have them on my bike i used the counter sink type that goes in a dash under my tale and there hard to see when not in use. and in most states you can use them while on the road as long as you cant see the bulb. i even put strobes in the corners of my headlights .

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
red and blue will attract cops even more than any other lighting no matter what state you live in those too colors would definately be no-no's ...... for obvious reasons!

·
2,762 Posts
red and blue will attract cops even more than any other lighting no matter what state you live in those too colors would definately be no-no's ...... for obvious reasons!
why would that matter...u plannin on doing something illegal on ur bike? :oops:

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok i did alot of searching and i'm going to answer my own question. They are not illegal in cali, as long as you can't see the tube or bulb. but that puts me out of luck for the LED pig spotters. I have i have to get the regular turn signal. The code is 25400 ( i had to be sure). Oh yeah and stay away from red, its a no no i guess.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts