Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to find the grips I want. I had this set of thick grips on my old 09 Zx6r but they came on the bike and I don’t remember what brand they were. I tried every google search possible.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
A whole slew of the sport touring crowd bikes I see come in use something called "grip puppies"........ it is a foam overgrip that slides right over your existing grips

I am pretty sure they come in two different thicknesses as I have had a few bikes come in and they were super thick while others come in just thick.........

·
Registered
714 Posts
I had Grip Puppies on my BMW F800GT - lots of vibrations in the bars. Did a good job but make the grips feel big - haha they are. First longer ride I did own the bike, my hands started tingling, realized was gripping the bars so relaxed my grip and problem solved. Put the Grip Puppies on anyway. Had them on for 26,000 miles and they lasted well. Probably were starting to approach end of life so I traded the bike :) but for other reasons.

EDIT: They are elastic and I with some effort just slipped them over the existing grips. Think a layer of foam rubber cushion.

·
Registered
2005 ZZR-600
41 Posts
Just another option to look at, Oury Road Grips. I’ve used these for a lot of years, they look like normal grips but are a bit extra thick & very soft rubber. Helps a lot with vibration.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have used some mx grips on my zx6r... lots of cutting to get them right but worked well if you can find a pair you like.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just another option to look at, Oury Road Grips. I’ve used these for a lot of years, they look like normal grips but are a bit extra thick & very soft rubber. Helps a lot with vibration.
That's what I posted up! They're great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts