Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I saw some mention on here a vendor named thetwowheels for getting levers. I checked out their site and I'm definitely thinking about picking up a set. Problem is I can't decide if I'd like the GP 3D Shortys or the Racing Shortys better (from a looks standpoint). Anyone have picks of them on their bikes (if anyone has an 05-06 zx6r or 636 those would help a bit)? I'm going to get them in gold and I can't decide which I'd rather have

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
I'm a big fan of them, I actually ordered a keyless gas cap as well from them.

My advice would be to stay away from getting gold anodized accessories because they will look different depending on the vendor you use (some are more yellowish and some are more orange) looks tacky having 5 different colors of gold IMO.

Get black everything and then when your done with mods get them powdercoated gold

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
yeah what people have to remember is these are essentially die-cast, hand assembled, simple pieces...something china is damn good at. theres nothing wrong with supporting their shitty economy by purchasing 40$ levers or 150$ rearsets, when in reality thats what they are. if you want the brand name shit, by all means, but ill stick to great value any day as long as it gets the job done.

however, on schooleys advice, their anno is kind of shitty, especially when it comes to special colors, and i would highly suggest powder coating them the color you want. their anno will fade in a matter of weeks if in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is a cost to get things powder coated usually? I'm looking into that for a few different parts on my bike and given your input it would probably be best to get black and powder coat as you suggested

·
Registered
148 Posts
What exactly are 3D levers compared to non-3D? I still only have the stock levers and I was looking at getting a pair from this website but not sure which style/kind to get.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What exactly are 3D levers compared to non-3D? I still only have the stock levers and I was looking at getting a pair from this website but not sure which style/kind to get.

I don't personally own them yet. But the difference is it has a milled design on the levers

·
Registered
556 Posts

From what I can tell, the 3D simply changes the texture of it. I'm probably going to pick up a pair of these pretty soon too. I'd rather take a chance on these than spend $200 on others.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have these on my street bike, and they will most likely end up on my track bike too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have these on my street bike, and they will most likely end up on my track bike too.

Do you have the gp style or the racing? Also do you have any pics?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Do you have the gp style or the racing? Also do you have any pics?
I have the GP normal length. I suppose I could go snap a picture.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Found a picture from before they were on. Went out to the shop to grab a picture now. I dont have the 3D. The little bit of milling wasn't worth it for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I actually make my own levers from an overseas factory, very much like what you have posted here.

Typically, I would recommend standard length levers for the street if only for the convenience and comfort.

For track use I recommend folding standard length first, and then shorties in that order.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but I thought better that than start a new one.

I've just purchased a pair of these for my wife's 636 (B1H). Did anybody else find they don't quite fit right as standard? There's a fair bit of "wiggle"...almost like it may need a couple of washers to pack it out?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If you tighten the hardware on the levers themselves they are just fine...almost every pair I have seen has the wiggle till you tighten up the hardware

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Again, since I make similar levers, a 5/16" nut driver will work, but you need to grind the head perfectly flat so that there is no bevel on it at all, then polish it so that it wont scratch the anodizing on the lever.

I actually put a small washer in there on mine to raise the surface of the nut out enough to get a bite on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts